Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley musem review

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM
3itodd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley musem review

Hello Puttin my 2 cents in the forum pot..

Me and my wife took a little vacation to milwaulki and went to the hd musem it was bad *** a must go! they had a car night pretty cool.
they have to restaruants the motor more sit down very very good get the bratwaurst melt!!! and the cafe racer kind burgers and fries type still freakin good!! whole muesum! well worth it!!! they also have this package take the motor assemlbly plant tour buy one get one free on the muesem tour well worth it they have a shuttle takes you to the motor plant in menomonee Wi.. we stayed at the the iron horse if you drive your car be prepared to pay $25 for valet.. if you drink bud light you have to drive down town to a liquar store to get it, they didnt have bud light there!!! they have a restraunt in the hotel called smyth ahh it was ok to stuck up for me though.. Ive read on here some people complain about the trains they wernt that bad!

over all a cool trip a must see and do!

sorry for the spealing mistakes thats not my area!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 PM
3itodd
Tourer

oh Also we stopped at the ottawa Ill Hd Dealer Starved rock.. It was ok Not knocking them but I have been to better Dealerships, as far as getting a t shirt not much selection..

Old 06-05-2010, 05:31 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I fancy a visit, although we have the Atlantic in the way. Shipped my bike to Milwaukee for 2003 and thinking of doing it again in 2013. Perhaps....

Old 06-05-2010, 05:55 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

A very nice HD Dealer in Wisco is Uke's in Kenosha,Just south of Milwaukee right off I-94....Worth a stop....and of course Don't forget the Brat Stop..Look it up!!!! The Brat stop is a favorite for us Flatlanders in Illinois who need that last Brat before we come back to the real world!!! LOL.... o~`o
Guess i should put my 2 cents in about the museum....Personally i wasn't all that impressed but thats just me...the guys i was with enjoyed it very much,I just thought for some reason HD could of done better,It just din't have the WOW factor for me.I did enjoy the engine section and the cross cut motor so i could get a real look at how it ticks and parts i will soon need to replace..LOL....Anyway it is worth checking out BUT its not cheap and not much for the kids (not much hands on) and maybe not for the O'lady.Also I talked to Road Ranger (HDForum member) about this and he said his family enjoyed it very much...each to his own!!!I went durring the week and the weekends can fill up so plan accordingly...So if you want to take it all in and take your time you might send the kids and others to the Zoo....ALSO the gift shop has mostly MUSEUM apparel.... SO if you or others want official HD Garb...GO to a HD dealer!!!!! Just my FWIW.... Tim... o~`o

Last edited by riteway; 06-05-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Was the parking $25 per day or just for valet service? Going in July and was thinking about staying at the Iron Horse?

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I plan to see the museum this year! Can't wait.

Big tip for you non spellers:
Download Google Chrome (the browser). Not only is it faster, it has auto complete, auto search, and a built in spell checker! And it's not a push a button type spell checker either. It underlines misspelled words while you type; like MS Word or whatever. Very handy and suddenly you'll look like you have a 120 IQ!

Pretty awesome as far as browsers go. Completely integrated with Google Maps too.

lp

Old 06-05-2010, 08:05 AM
mackcr
Cruiser

Went to the museum when I was up for the 105th. Well worth the trip plan on seeing it again during the 110th.

Attached Thumbnails Harley musem review-complete-download-125.jpg  
Old 06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Live 40 minutes north of the museum and go there all the time. Every Thursday is Bike Night. Anyway, I've toured the museum 4 times now. Each time I learn more and see more. One time I went with the local HD dealership and took the VIP tour. We had a tour guide that was a retired Harley design engineer and told us hundreds of little facts about all kinds of stuff he worked on when he was designing the bikes. Also included in the VIP tour was a chance to see the "archives" where they keep all the bikes that aren't on display.

Last edited by Harley_RN; 01-07-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM
mnskip
Tourer

I might be riding out to the museum this fall. So what is the Iron Horse, and do you have to take a shuttle to the tour or can you ride there? I will check on all this before I leave, but thought I would ask as long it was brought up.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
DaFish
Advanced
Cool

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
Live 40 minutes north of the museum and go there all the time. Every Thursday is Bike Night. Anyway, I've toured the museum 4 times now. Each time I learn more and see more. One time I went with the local HD dealership and took the VIP tour. We had a tour guide that was a retired Harley design engineer and told us hundreds of little facts about all kinds of stuff he worked on when he was designing the bikes. Also included in the VIP tour was a chance to see the "archives" where they keep all the bikes that aren't on display. It was very cool. I have the pics on Facebook and I'll try to post a link to my folder.

I have pictures from 2 different visits. The links should work for you as long as you have a Facebook account....

Christian

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?id=1051160132&aid=2025886

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?id=1051160132&aid=2037905

The links worked and thanks for sharing ;-)

DaFish

Quick Reply: Harley musem review