Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider to passenger communication

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
antarius
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider to passenger communication

What do you guys actually use? I've done a bit of research and see some that are $300+ which are VOX activated, see cheaper ones which are always-on (For intercom mode), and am torn on what to go with.

I had a VOX activated intercom system on a quieter bike and all it did was activate the entire time because it picked up wind noise, even in a full face helmet.

So what are you guys using on your Street Glides or similar bikes, for rider to passenger. I don't care about rider to rider, just rider to passenger... so no need to transmit is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
rockhard69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just turn your head slightly to the side and say hello, that says your 300+ for beer. LOL

Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I wanted to communicate, I would take the car

Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,098 Likes on 3,648 Posts

I have aJ&M system but it's mainly becaus ei want the CB....works good but laways on...J&M has a rider to passenger system too...check out chatter box...

Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

I got a Scala blue tooth made by Cardo. I love it. I have used it with my son. I were an open face and he uses a full Helm. The blue tooth also works great with my iPhone. At 60 MPH or below no wind noise. above 60 you can start to hear it on the other end. It was 224.99 at a local cycle shop. It can work on intercom or by voice actvate. The 2ed I prefur because he does not have to let go to use it (he is only 8).

Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
antarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I have aJ&M system but it's mainly becaus ei want the CB....works good but laways on...J&M has a rider to passenger system too...check out chatter box...
Does it come with a noise cancelling microphone or can you hear the wind noise / other noises through your speakers as well as through the helmet in general?

I'm not against always-on so long as it doesn't sound like I'm riding through an echo 24/7.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
antarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by mech-a-nic
I got a Scala blue tooth made by Cardo. I love it. I have used it with my son. I were an open face and he uses a full Helm. The blue tooth also works great with my iPhone. At 60 MPH or below no wind noise. above 60 you can start to hear it on the other end. It was 224.99 at a local cycle shop. It can work on intercom or by voice actvate. The 2ed I prefur because he does not have to let go to use it (he is only 8).
Yeah I looked into that a little. I don't mind hearing wind noise when we're talking to one another, I just don't want the system to activate thinking the wind is my voice and thus turning on. How's it work for you?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

It shuts off after 20 or so Sec of not being used and you have to talk Loudly to get it back on. the wind has never activated it so far... I have had it well above any posted speed limit . For the price you cant beet it. 224 for a set of 2 hell 1 Chatterbox cost almost that much. And yes it has wind proof mics.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I use an Autocom. I plug in my helmet and it always works. Intercom, music, telephone, B2B, GPS, & radar. Never have to recharge it.
http://www.autocom.co.uk/

Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 PM
antarius
Advanced

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Cardo Scala TeamSet. Can't go wrong for the price and the reviews seem great for what I need.

Quick Reply: Rider to passenger communication