Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Jet

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM
CURTYS06FLHX
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Jet

Has anyone installed Dyno Jet carb kit to their bike and did it help out the stock carb? Which kit did you get? Ihave a 2006 Streetglide that sneezes alot.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Dyno Jet kits SUCK A$$, maybe they work in Vegas but I dont know of anywhere else they do.

Drag has a kit that works great, Ive used it in several states and elevations and it works. I'll get the part # when I get home.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Has the bike been converted to a carb?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll bet it was a factory carb. I think '06 was the last year???

I have a CV-Performance Deluxe kit and it's ok. The quality seemed good, but..... in the end I'm not so sure.

I'm not fond of the lighter spring as it makes the throttle twitchy in the slow speed stuff. Performance wise it's not much different than the stock set up, but it is smoother. But it was hard to set up. The needle jet takes a lot of attempts to get the carb to be smooth. (And I bought the EZ needle, but wouldn't recommend it. The actual 'needle' is a different lenth than factory.) At least for me as I'm not used to playing with carbs. Also, not much help from the company if you have a question. All q's have to be done through their forum, so if you need help, it could take a few days, as the owner seems to travel alot, and expects you to be able to find answers to any/all of your questions either in the web sites FAQs or the forum. I left messages/questions, but no returns. BLAH

I was so frustrated I was ready to take and put it back to factory, or do the washer under the needle suggestion.

I took it off and did a complete rebuild and I would suggest the same, regardless of which kit you buy, and my carb is running better. No sense in painting the hallway and not the bathroom!!

Also my fuel mileage is down from 40 to 32-35, no matter how many turns out. And that hurts. And I'm not a hot rod rider and it's been a few months since install so my wrist isn't to blame.

You have to ask yourself what's the goal. If it's just to get the carb running better and performance isn't the goal, just use a quality rebuild
kit.

Last edited by Yachtman; 06-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
CURTYS06FLHX
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys you been helpful. I have a bad motor vibration, i have adjusted some out with mixture screw, but still bad for a rubber mounted bike.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:23 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

I agree about Dyno Jet, they suck. I have bought and have had very good luck with these jet kits from http://www.factorypro.com/. Their kits and tech support is very good.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
J-FRAME
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I got my 2000 FLHT I put a EZ mixture screw in. It fell out going down the road so I replaced it and set it and LOCKTITE it in . Now my bike 30 k has a carb cough sometimes and I want to open it out a wee bit. Hope a heat gun and some cussing will let it come loose??

Old 06-04-2010, 12:37 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yost Power Tube worked great and usually helps mpg.

http://yostperformance.com/products/...ycles_cv40.php

Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

joe minton who used to write articles for american rider magazine has done many write ups on the mods for the cv carb. using an 88 through 90 sportster needle, knocking out the dummy plug so you can adjust your idle mixture, the correct jet sizes etc. it makes a big difference. remember that rubber diaphragm can be a pain in the butt to get seated properly after replacing the slide. i'm sure if you google "joe minton cv carbs" you'll get plenty of information on this subject.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

oh by the way, that needle i suggested is for the 1988-1990 (1200) sportster. it's got a different taper which works much better than the stock one in your cv carb which is most likely very lean.

Quick Reply: Dyno Jet