Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, here I am, back on a tour bike and I'm sooo HAPPY!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, here I am, back on a tour bike and I'm sooo HAPPY!!

Well, I'm back to the "big boys" bike as my wife says. This Spring I got a wild hair up my a$$ and thought I should have a Harley Rocker "C". Thought it was amazing looking and I saw all kinds of options I could do to customize it. The draw back was I was going to trade in my RoadGlide which I LOVED. I had done sooo much to it and was really happy. I have a very loving wife BUT she is all about ONE bike in the stable at a time. Can't bitch about that though. At least she's one of those wives that doesn't mind my cycle addiction. Anyway, I did the deal and started to do all sorts of things to the Rocker. I didn't drive it much though. Coming off a tour bike there was just sooo much the Rocker was miss. I'm not one of those guys that likes to wear a backpack so I had even stopped taking the cycle to work. Last week I put $1000 into the Rocker with exhaust, Heavy Breather fuel management. But as cool as it looked and sounded it still wasn't doing it for me. To me the Rocker was like taking the hot chick home from the bar and realizing she has no brains. So after having the Rocker for two months I went to my dealership and told them she's got to go. Since I have owned almost every HD made he asked what I wanted. I really LOVE the RG but I'm not a fan of the "new" models. I like the dual exhaust on a tour bike, the new suspension isn't all that great and the seat isn't for me. Since I have owned a StreetGlide before I am pretty familiar with the ride. So anyway, I rolled with a Ulta. I've never owned one of those. I've had the EGC before but never and Ultra. So my words are WOW and WOW!! What a ride. This thing has ABS, Security, Lace Wheels, it a thing of beauty!! This is the hot chick you bring home from the bar and pick out furniture with her. All you Ultra riders I now know what you have all been talking about all these year.

Well, just thought I would post a thread about my experience. So, now I need to sign off and climb on this wonderful new bike and ride to work. Great way to start the day...

T

Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,088 Likes on 22,577 Posts

Great analogy, Hot chick with no brains... LOLOL!!
Great story!!
Hot chick you pick out furniture with!!
The best part is though I'll bet your wife is real happy with your choice...
I hope that you didn't get beat up too bad in the process of getting there though...
Someone once said, "Sooner or later you'll have an ultra".
I'm close. I have an SG which works real nice for me...and my wife.