Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs mounting issues.. WTF...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
UltraDave
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my 07. Bought them from a forum member. I made sure of the part number before buying. Fit great and my bride loves them. I think the others are right that it is a model year thing.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 AM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These things are great. When I bought my 2010 Ultra,Kury had not made anything for 2010 yet. I bought a set for 09, cuz dealer said they would fit, and they did not fit. The floorboard mount was too thick and it would not go on. I had a buddy that had a set of floorboards off his 08 and swaped with him cuz he was not using them anyway. They fit great. I don' think I would grind the floorboard mounts to make them fit. It may make the arms weak. If I ground anything it would be the mount of the pegs. Good Luck.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:34 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Giving this a weekend for some more opinions... o~`o

Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I know that the earlier bikes use a different pt #. I have an '09 got the 4571 and fit great and wifey loves em. I did have an issue though the bolt that holds the floorboard on the right side sheared off and I lost that board and peg. took bike to dealer about the floorboard they replaced it under warranty and kury sold me just the right side peg. I took a little piece of stainless cable and made a safety strap to go around the mount so if that happens again I won't loose the board.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was talking to a guy who had them on his bike and I said they look pretty cool as it adjusts in numerous positions. He did say that there was a part that had to be replaced 3 times and kury sent them for free but who needs the hassle. I would send them back.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:54 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
I did have an issue though the bolt that holds the floorboard on the right side sheared off and I lost that board and peg. I took a little piece of stainless cable and made a safety strap to go around the mount so if that happens again I won't loose the board.
Jim Thanks for that info...I dont know why they (HD) din't make those boards
mount with two bolts...I am considering this "Safety Strap" idea...Good Tip..!!! o~`o .... Tim...

Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
chiefparry
Tourer

I bought a pair from a forum member here a couple years ago. They were the same part number that was on the Kari site for my year, but when I went to install I had the same issue. All I did was give the floorboard pegs a couple licks with a file and they fit fine. I figured that it would not be seen since did not plan on taking them off once installed.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

Riteway, I've got them on my Road King Classic...that sadly is back at the dealership. When it is done I can give you a jingle and you can meet me there (or somewhere) again and take a look and compare if you'd like.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 PM
oldazgrouch
Novice

I initially thought mine would not fit and I bought them Kuryakyn. After talking to a guy at Sturgis I found out I was putting them on the wrong sides (duuhhh). Switched them and they work great. Wife loves 'em

Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 AM
jimd3246
Cruiser

For sure, be careful. Set I bought for my 09 Ultra was actually for SE only! Now I've got a set for sale- real cheap

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs mounting issues.. WTF...