Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
WNMORE
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rinehart exhaust questions

I previously had dealer install a Rinehart true dual exhaust on my 05 Electraglide Classic. Looked and sounded pretty good.
I now have a 2010 Ultra Limited and want a new exhaust. If I go with Rineharts again, do I need to go with a full new system, or can I go with slip-ons? What are the advantages of full new system as oppposed to slip-ons only? Also, does anyone have Rinehart slip-ons on a 2010 Dresser? How do they sound? I know as many people that answer are as many opinions I may receive on what else sounds good without being too loud, but any other suggestions? Also, if I go with slip-ons, any other modifications needed in addiiton to race tuner or something like that? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:37 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

If you just add the slip-ons, you won't need a race tuner or download - just install the mufflers and you're good to go.

I have Rineharts on my 2010 Road King. I have a love/hate relationship with them. At idle and low revs they are more quiet than I like (hate). When I get on the throttle hard they have a nice, somewhat loud sound (love).

All the 2010's have the catalytic converter and I'm thinkin' I need to go with true duals (which removes the catalyst) to help with the sound and performance. If I went with true duals, I'd add a Stage 1 and a race tuner. When that was complete, it would have to be dyno tuned. All this would cost about $1,500 in round numbers. Another $600 if I had to buy the mufflers.

Hope that helped some.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Ride4Him
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2010 Street Glide with the Rhinehart True dual system and really like them.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

rineharts do sound badass

Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 AM
SnapOn Man
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the slipon mufflers on my 09 roadking and love them. With that being said, I have heard a rk with the new xtreme duals, and am in the process of switching over to those. The slipons are the right volume and sound, but the true duals offer more of the nostalgic deep harley sound that I am looking for. when I switch to the true duals, I am also going to install the thundermax autotune at the same time.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My local dealer told me that Harley dealers service department are no longer authorized to remove the any factory installed headers with catalytic converters. They will change the mufflers but that's it. This is only a quote.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
WNMORE
Advanced

If I go with slip-ons, will I get a decent sound since the catalytic converter will still be in place?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
WNMORE
Advanced

Dealer told me, even with slip-ons I will need some dyno or remapping to keep the bike from running too lean. Does this sound right or just another way to get $$$ from someone that does not know the real deal?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 AM
stev394
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the slip ons you do not need dyno or remap. If you upgrade to a tru dual system you will.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The True Duals will be worth the extra money. You wil get rid of the Cat and it will run cooler and better. You should do an air filter and tuner as well, but you could get away with the download. I find the download to be garbage as it still must meet epa standards which keeps the bike running extremely lean. To get maximum performance out of your dollars, Hi Flow air filter, tuner and a Dyno tune. It is worth the money in my book. If you have never had a bike Dynoed, you do not know the difference in the way it runs. I can get you discounted prices on everything you need as well. Pm or email for pricing please.

Drew

Quick Reply: Rinehart exhaust questions