Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice ride to Sandusky

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Nice ride to Sandusky

Needed a service manual for my '09 Ultra so I decided to ride up to Sandusky to check out the recently opened Mad River H-D dealership. Nice people, nice location and a perfect day for a ride. Good to see a "grand opening" after seeing a fair number of dealerships (and other businesses) closing up shop recently. The staff seemed pretty excited to be taking part in the upcoming Ohio Bike Week. If the new owners pattern their operations after their Dover dealership, then I'm sure they will be successful in Sandusky as well. After contributing a few dollars to the cause (as usual, the various items I "needed" ended up costing close to $100), we headed over to the West Harbor/Port Clinton area for a perch sandwich. Turned out to be a great day for an excellent ride, and the service manual I needed was actually in stock. What could be better?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Back when I lived in Canton. One of my favorite rides were, 30 W to Wooster 302W to 250N to Marblehead/Port Clinton. We always stopped at Jolly Roger's for fish.
Dam I miss Lake Erie Perch.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Night_Train
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep too bad the Roeder kid screwed up that biz, hope the new owners do well.
Have to make it over there for bike week.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
Back when I lived in Canton. One of my favorite rides were, 30 W to Wooster 302W to 250N to Marblehead/Port Clinton. We always stopped at Jolly Roger's for fish.
The perch sandwich platter at Jolly Roger's is still excellent, and the place was packed when we got there. Gotta love those waffle-cut fries!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 PM
UltraDave
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Sand town this past weekend for our annual trek to see the wife's sister and family. Took the cage for the trip but did stop in and visited the new dealer. I, too, did a mini economic stimulus plan and bought a couple of must have items.

My good friend and riding buddy (plus youngest daughter's father-in-law) are thinking about heading to Sandusky this weekend for and take in a day of bike week.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:12 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser

I would of stopped and M&M cycles Mark and Linda support us Veterans overseas with great prices and service.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Is the new dealer in Roders old building on Perkins ave?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM
UltraDave
Road Captain

Yes, Mad River HD is in the old Roeder's location.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
newbietroller
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default mad river harley

I stopped in on Saturday also after spending a few hours on the lake pulling in a bunch of walleyes. There were over 100 bikes there when I got there. Nice store and great staff. No grand opening deals on chaps but I managed to stimulate the economy a little bit also. I'm on their mailing list, and will stop in again this weekend during bike week.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
I'm working in Wooster and will be for the next 13 months; I'll have to bring the bike up here and make that ride one evening this month to check out Ohio bike week.

Quick Reply: Nice ride to Sandusky