Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour-Pak Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010 | 07:53 AM
flhxkiller
|
Road Warrior
Default Tour-Pak Questions

just got back from a weekend trip on my 10 SG and decided it's time to get that Tour-Pak from LSHD. But first I have some questions for those of you that have them already. Plan on using it with the solo mount, will I have to relocate the antenna? Was getting the chopped pak but after this trip I'm thinking about the King for the extra space but I hate the look of the armrest style backrest. Can I use the smaller chopped style backrest instead? Or what about nothing at all? And most important of all it's now approx 8wks till I leave for sturgis should I get it in time if I order today? Someone once told me the vivid black Paks usually take a little less time to get, is this true? Thanx for your help..

Last edited by flhxkiller; 05-31-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 08:32 AM
ashmarc
Road Master

Get the detach kit with it…….you'll be very glad you did.

King over chopped for sure.

As far as LSHD (they're great), email Bill Sparks (LSHD1, internet orders side of the dealer) and explain your situation, he might be able to give answers.

They advertise 6-8 weeks for painted items, so you'll be cutting it close.

I wonder if this would be an option for you? See if it's available primed only (I don't know if it is), you'll get it faster, then take to local painter to get sprayed.

Or………buy a nice one on eBay (any color) then have it sprayed in town.

You have options.

Last edited by ashmarc; 05-31-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 08:43 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

You do not have to relocate the antenna, when mounted solo.

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:52 AM
ethal68
Tourer

Order it painted.......you will get it in time. I just ordered one, and in 2 weeks it was here.

The tour pak is ugly no matter what..........Order the King Pak!!!!

I have only ordered 1 time from LSHD1, Didn't have very good luck. I get a 15% discount from my dealer, so I will just keep ordering from him.

Later

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:32 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

The King TP lid comes pre-drilled for the backrest (w/ armrests). You can use the backrest for a chopped TP, but will need to drill holes to mount it and you will have two holes visible on each side where the regular backrest would mount--you can use plugs (available at Home Depot, etc.) to fill the holes.

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:33 AM
flhxkiller
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ethal68
Order it painted.......you will get it in time. I just ordered one, and in 2 weeks it was here.

The tour pak is ugly no matter what..........Order the King Pak!!!!

I have only ordered 1 time from LSHD1, Didn't have very good luck. I get a 15% discount from my dealer, so I will just keep ordering from him.

Later
was considering going local with it as I can get a 15% discount on it, but then I pay a 6% sales tax. But know it will get here quicker w/o the extra shipping(from LSHD to me) thanx for the reply

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:38 AM
kyroger
Road Warrior

I bought one on E-Bay and saved five hundred dollars. Same color as my bike. I went with the detachable mount. I had it within a week.

Old 05-31-2010 | 01:01 PM
ethal68
Tourer

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
was considering going local with it as I can get a 15% discount on it, but then I pay a 6% sales tax. But know it will get here quicker w/o the extra shipping(from LSHD to me) thanx for the reply
I would go to the local dealer then. Its a lot easier to deal with them if you have any problems on a high dollar item like this.

Mine did not come with the rubber cargo mat like it is suppose too. I can't image dealing with LSHD for an issue like this. I had problems with my oil temp gauge. I left them voice messages, and sent emails, never returned a one. So, its one simple fix........I won't buy from them again, and for sure not a high dollar, non returnable item.

Just my thoughts, and what do I know.....

Later

Old 05-31-2010 | 01:07 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Be sure to order the tour pak lock keyed to match your bike's key.

Also, the tour pak will come with an antenna mount if you order the one for the FLHX. You may want to consider ordering the tour pak for the FLHR/FLHT/FLHXXX which won't have the antenna mount.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 05-31-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:05 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior

did you try Zanottis? I have found them to be VERY reliable and great to deal with! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Tour-Pak Questions