Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour-Pak Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010 | 11:21 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tpmurray
What keeps it from scratching the rear fender?
If it were me (and why I suggested this) I would strap the support to the seat using the middle or narrowest cross bars. Then strap your luggage down to the support. This keeps the bag from sagging onto the fender and keeps it on top of the support.

Old 06-01-2010 | 06:16 AM
shrydog
Cruiser

There's a guy in Seneca, PA that makes them and sells them on Ebay for $279 in Vivid Black or white if you want to paint it another color. He offers the King size or Chopped and shipping is quick (arrived in 3 days) and it's free. I bought the Vivid Black and am very happy. Call him directly at 814-758-6848 or go to Ebay and search this item number 220613647678 to check it out. I would pay the extra money and have him drill the holes and mount the hardware.

Old 06-01-2010 | 06:50 AM
OmahaRoadKing
Cruiser

My dealer gave me a list of other dealers around the country that had the vivid black tour pac sitting on there shelves. There were 12 at the time.
I picked the closest one, ordered on a Monday and had my pac installed that Wendsday.

Old 06-01-2010 | 08:03 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by OmahaRoadKing
My dealer gave me a list of other dealers around the country that had the vivid black tour pac sitting on there shelves. There were 12 at the time.
I picked the closest one, ordered on a Monday and had my pac installed that Wendsday.
Wish my dealer would have done that!

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:11 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
Plan on using it with the solo mount, will I have to relocate the antenna?
I didn't on my '07, but it's a different frame. I have plenty of clearance with the antenna in its original position.

Was getting the chopped pak but after this trip I'm thinking about the King for the extra space but I hate the look of the armrest style backrest. Can I use the smaller chopped style backrest instead? Or what about nothing at all?
I don't know if the chopped backrest will fit the King or not, but I would imagine the hole pattern is the same, and since the lid is the same I'll bet it'll fit.

I found the TP backrest to be unworkable for me. It placed the support too high on my back and left a big gap in the lumbar area. It took only a 5-min. ride to make it clear to me that it wouldn't work.

I would suggest that if you buy it, have an agreement with your dealer than you can bring it back if it doesn't work for you. That's what I did and returned it the same day. I ended up using the Mustang solo seat backrest, and after some modification of the TP rack it fit fine. Since the '09 is a different animal I don't know what you'll run into with any of this.

And most important of all it's now approx 8wks till I leave for sturgis should I get it in time if I order today? Someone once told me the vivid black Paks usually take a little less time to get, is this true? Thanx for your help..
I've purchased quite a few painted parts from HD and it never took longer than one month. My color is Black Cherry and I would imagine you would be in an even better position with your Vivid Black.