Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour-Pak Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010 | 02:14 PM
flhxkiller
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Be sure to order the tour pak lock keyed to match your bike's key.

Also, the tour pak will come with an antenna mount if you order the one for the FLHX. You may want to consider ordering the tour pak for the FLHR/FLHT/FLHXXX which won't have the antenna mount.
thanx, didn't think of that the less holes in it the better.

Old 05-31-2010 | 02:22 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

Not tryng to throw water on your idea, but, I am on my second Ultra, mainly because the wife likes the backrest, arm rest combination. If she is happy and will ride then I am all for it. But....the tour pak weighs something like 35-40 lbs and it is pretty high weight, it definitely affects the bike's feel. If I was soloing I would go for a luggage rack and a nice bag like T-bags or similar. That is easy to carry into the hotel at night etc. and you instantly save 40 lbs of extras weight.

Old 05-31-2010 | 02:22 PM
ethal68
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Be sure to order the tour pak lock keyed to match your bike's key.

Also, the tour pak will come with an antenna mount if you order the one for the FLHX. You may want to consider ordering the tour pak for the FLHR/FLHT/FLHXXX which won't have the antenna mount.
That is depending on color.......As in my case, Pewter Pearl, only the FLHX pak is available.

Old 05-31-2010 | 02:58 PM
flhxkiller
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
Not tryng to throw water on your idea, but, I am on my second Ultra, mainly because the wife likes the backrest, arm rest combination. If she is happy and will ride then I am all for it. But....the tour pak weighs something like 35-40 lbs and it is pretty high weight, it definitely affects the bike's feel. If I was soloing I would go for a luggage rack and a nice bag like T-bags or similar. That is easy to carry into the hotel at night etc. and you instantly save 40 lbs of extras weight.
been trying to do the T-bag thing up till this weekend using a detachable backrest and mounting the T-bag backwards ala backrest. Worked fine at first but now it's beginning to sag from lack of support on bottom and will soon be on the fender as I run a solo seat. My other less expensive options involved taking the stock backrest to a fabricator and alter it to support the T-bag or going to a 4pt dock and buying a luggage rack and mounting the t bag facing the standard way. For some reason the luggage rack is a completely different assembly from the backrest on the 09 and up bikes. that way will still cost me $500+. if I'm spending that much I'll just get the Tour-Pak. Will probably try to find a fabricator first before I pull the trigger on the tour-pak though.

Last edited by flhxkiller; 05-31-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 03:07 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

I ordered my king tour pac when i bought my bike ten weeks ago, it just came in!
You might get lucky but its a bad time of the year to be trying to get something in a hurry. I was told it would take about six weeks because i just needed the vivid black, that didn't happen. If you really want it order now but have a back up in case it doesnt get here in time! See you guys in Sturgis!

Old 05-31-2010 | 04:35 PM
flhxkiller
|
Road Warrior

my fabricated backrest is my backup plan, was out in the garage a few minutes ago making card board templates. was thinking if the base is done right i could put a passenger pillion on it. hhmmm. a detachable backrest/pillion pad in one unit now why didn't the MOCO think of this? Going to fabricator tomorrow and see what he thinks..

Old 05-31-2010 | 04:50 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kyroger
I bought one on E-Bay and saved five hundred dollars. Same color as my bike. I went with the detachable mount. I had it within a week.
Best way to go by far!

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:53 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Kuryakyn also sells a plate to mount luggage onto. You mount it to a luggage rack and then strap your bags to it. No reason why you couldnt put this on the seat first and then the bag:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...D/27/IMID/1625

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:30 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stang951
Kuryakyn also sells a plate to mount luggage onto. You mount it to a luggage rack and then strap your bags to it. No reason why you couldnt put this on the seat first and then the bag:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...D/27/IMID/1625
What keeps it from scratching the rear fender?

Old 05-31-2010 | 11:11 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

i get in 4 weeks...but....heii...im from indonesia...painted same as my bike colour

Quick Reply: Tour-Pak Questions