Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traxxion AK- 20 Axxion Cartridge

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
saweet96
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxion AK- 20 Axxion Cartridge

Any one use these are their Ultra's?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Dude, I'm thinking I'm all over these when I get back.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Cha-ching...I dunno if I can bring myself to spend a grand on front suspension......

Guess we'll see in a couple months

Old 05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Cha-ching...I dunno if I can bring myself to spend a grand on front suspension......

Guess we'll see in a couple months
I put some Ohlins on my *** end and even though they are not set-up right for me, they really showed how bad my front end is. I will be getting another upgraded pair from Howard soon.

I have a set of progressive springs and also some Ricor Intiminators, but haven't installed them yet. If I'm gonna pay good money for rear shocks (let alone, an engine build and all the other thousands I put into this pig) I might as well spend good money and a great front suspension too.

My bike is almost there...looking at front and rear suspension now. After that, open primary and centrifugal clutch.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

I feel you about the money going to functional stuff. I'm leaning towards the progressive 1" lowered cartridges.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Brand new Ohlins Fork Suspension

Originally Posted by brypink
I put some Ohlins on my *** end and even though they are not set-up right for me, they really showed how bad my front end is. I will be getting another upgraded pair from Howard soon.

I have a set of progressive springs and also some Ricor Intiminators, but haven't installed them yet. If I'm gonna pay good money for rear shocks (let alone, an engine build and all the other thousands I put into this pig) I might as well spend good money and a great front suspension too.

My bike is almost there...looking at front and rear suspension now. After that, open primary and centrifugal clutch.
Your shocks can be set up for you with no problems. We can not make them shorter. They were made for a different customer than you so they will not work properly for you. If you wish to call me about this problem, than do so.

As far as Traxxion Dynamics goes:

Those cartridges are one of the best (top of the line) fork solutions out there. I make a very similar product also (X-Factor) and have sold and installed many to members on this form. I am discontinuing them once the new Ohlins cartridge kits are developed and made by me for all late model Harley Davidson's.

Next weekend I am installing the first 30 mm cartridge system on my Dyna. I am putting on dual disks (320's MMC) as well as real Brembos. They should be delivered on this coming Friday. This was 6 months in the making and they have been tested and on the track currently. The first set was put on and still is on Danny Eslick bike found HERE during testing at the beginning of the year.

Danny said that this bike is vary comfortable with cruising speeds of 150 mph and under than stiffened up to hold traction under load (corners).

What this means to you. No matter where the application is, a road surface is a road surface, that does not change. Different bikes and applications vary greatly. Ohlins is very adjustable and can be adjusted to the owners needs. That is why you see what parts are what and how they work on my web site (Ohlins page, no little mysterious black box). We can make our applications suit a Dresser as well as a World Champion.

What it does: This unit provides a bleed through shim system with multiple dampening circuits which differentiates between the speed of the road irrationalities. Just like our rear shocks it works very similar. The OEM damper valve, fork caps, and springs (suspension system) is tossed out and only the fork tubes, sliders, bushings, seals, and mounting screw remain. This is the replacement parts:

These forks will now be externally adjustable rebound, compression, and spring pre-load. In 2011 Ohlins will market a (retrofit-able) adjuster system that will remotely do these same adjustments. For road use it would be handled by a very small computer (about the size of a bicycle speedometer) for handlebar/fairing mounting. For track use these adjustments can be made wireless from your pit crew, GPS, and external marker recognition (found at tthe track). This is a redundant system to avoid errors.

Dyna: To make it work in a 49 mm fork tubes, it is very easy. I will make a video for demonstration with a girl doing it.

Bagger: Due to the wobble/handling and external valving/spring pre-load adjustments going through the top cap a new top aluminum triple tree will have to be offered. This top triple tree clamp will actually clamp around your existing fork tubes (like a Dyna of Softail) eliminating the top fork tube mounting bolt. The (retrofit-able) adjuster system can be installed. This system will be worked on next week and is very involved as many different top clamps must be drawn out and manufacturing previsions made. Not an easy job to do it correctly. It will not be available in the next few weeks.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:09 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

The first set of 30 mm cartridges in a 2010 Fat Bob fork.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

I got a smokin deal on the lowered PSI monotubes from Terry at Phat Performance, so i went that route

Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I also have eyed up Traxxion inserts for my bike. If you think they are expensive in the US you should try buying them here in the UK!

I have a pair of Howard's Ohlins on my FLHS and they really do transform my bike. Having owned the bike for 20 years from new our last trip was the first time the bike has not bottomed-out with us both on board. But as brypink says, they just show how poor the front forks are.

Front forks are one of my next projects, so I will follow progress of your Ohlins forks with great interest Howard!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:36 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live local to traxxion, top notch shop and amazing equipment. Ive used them on track bikes in the past, you wont be dissapointed

Quick Reply: Traxxion AK- 20 Axxion Cartridge