Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traxxion AK- 20 Axxion Cartridge

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 2D3K1H1B1HIM
Does anybody know if Traxxon makes both front/rear setup like Howard?Don't make any sense to do the front and not the rear.
Bitubo shocks...

Old 07-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I am shooting the video tomorrow.
Cool! I'd like to see the video.

But then I haven't been to south Florida in quite some time...maybe worth a ride to your shop and have them done there???

Thanks for the reply!

Old 07-05-2010, 07:49 AM
2D3K1H1B1HIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howard,can you do a setup both front and rear fo an 06 SG with a PERSE front end.I've done Racetec,Progressives,stock ...all of them are CRAP.The Biturbos that Traxxon has are the Ohlins as good ,better,ect..costs..same...more.....let me know as I hate my ride now.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Hopefully Howard is busy, working on his Ohlins fork inserts! Meanwhile take a look around his Motorcycle Metal website to see the sort of stuff he does. There's a link on the right of your screen.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:47 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Trying to finish up the 2005/30 mm~49 mm bike but God has thrown me a curve. I had thought this project through very carefully, so I thought. Today is the day after the 4th of July and all M/C stores are closed until tomorrow.

Measure 2X and cut once? I measured twice and purchased my brake lines. I need 11" (manifold to Brembo's). I bought 14", look like crap. Moved up to the new Carlini drag bars and measured, 25". I bought 14". I am scratching my nutz and writing this post while calling myself names referring to my intelligence. I have got to figure the idiot light location and will need to go back to the machine shop. I looked at everybody's relocation scheme on this forum and found them all unacceptable. With brake lines I would have tie-wrapped the idiot lights. It was not meant to be.

I will take the rest of the day off, kind of.

We shot part of the fork rebuild. I never did this before. It is a very slow process. Amy, the "Suspension Chick" is a natural in front of the camera. She has a large leg up as she works in a custom motorcycle shop for 5 years (I think). She is smart and learns on the first try. Great at remembering technical names and her lines. I can tell you this, it is not easy and I could not do it. We will finish up (I hope) next weekend. I was glad all came over (camera man & Amy) on the 4th of July to do this.

We got the disassemble part of all HD forks (35, 39, 41, & 49 mm) done. Next will be the modifications required to change over to any cartridge, than how to properly clean the forks. After that will be the rebuilding and assembly part of all HD Hydra-Glide (telescopic) forks before the "film" goes into the can. Than to editing. I am picking up a new program $600 (aprox) and a new video card to handle the job. This is not easy, hopefully you will find it informative and like our combined efforts.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Howard,

Think calm thoughts! We're keen to see this done well. Best of luck sorting things out.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:45 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? This is where the thread stopped?

Howard, I sent an email.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:46 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by WI Bob
What? This is where the thread stopped?

Howard, I sent an email.
Bob,

Howard has updated his website recently, so we can admire Amy showing us how to strip and rebuild our forks. He's been busy! Hopefully he will let us know soon that he's taking orders for Ohlins cartridges.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Video

All of this stuff takes time. I have finished testing the 30 mm cartridges on a Dyna. There is some reason why everyone in the winners circle is using them in the "For Real" racing circuit. There is nothing that grips the road or smooths out the roadway as these do. I have the Ohlins rear shock and forks together as a unit on my bike. The 49 mm Dyna 30 mm cartridge system sells for $1,240 + you must buy your weight Ohlins fork springs which cost around $110.00. Either if you purchase from me, Traxxion (good people who put out great products), or RaceTech which (is the best value and ride quality for the money [$260 ish] ) is not in the same technology or ride quality.

You can use this video to:
  1. Properly clean
  2. Make modifications to your fork tubes
  3. Inspect your forks and put in new bushings no matter which way you go
  4. Reassemble your forks
A public service done by Amy who volunteered her time to help you with no earthly benefit to herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjSI_VPmFl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Pyh4mqUYU

Last edited by FastHarley; 08-23-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: new movie
Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FastHarley
A public service done by Amy who volunteered her time to help you with no earthly benefit to herself.
I'm in love with Amy! A fellow Buell rider. Shame about the Atlantic coming between us - or is that just as well?!

Quick Reply: Traxxion AK- 20 Axxion Cartridge