Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010 | 12:19 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Bassani & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"

I really like the Vance & Hines true duals with the monster ovals on the FLHX but I wanted something different on the Ultra. I talked with my local dealer and they tried to sell me on Rinehart but the new “X” style did not look right to me. Plus they even admitted that delivery on their product is bad that they have been waiting weeks for a set. So the next stop was at Clemmons Motorcycles who has always done a great job for me on after market items. They sold me on Bassani and I really glad they did. They told me that the finish on the Bassani would be as good if not better than anything else on the market and they were 100% right. It looks like a show chrome finish. They told me that they would perform as good if not better than anything else and now with a 60 mile test ride I believe them! They are big fans of the Power Commander V and now I understand why.

These are the power curve series and the rear exhaust comes back out on the left side old school style like my 2008 FLHX.

We also added a stage 1 air intake and a DynoJet Power Commander V model #15-011.

All I can say is WOW!

When I did the V & H on the street glide we did a SERT and stage 1 and I saw a little power increase but nothing like this new setup on the Ultra.

I cannot believe how it pulls. It is almost like adding a big bore kit. At 65 MPH in 6th gear with my wife on the back I twisted the throttle and off she went. I would have had to shift into 5th before to keep it from bogging down.

YES it is MUCH COOLER! It was 85 degrees out yesterday and never once did me or my wife feel any heat out of the ordinary. I can tell you that if we had still had the stock exhaust on that we would have hated a couple of long red light stops.

I’m so pleased with this overall package that I wanted to share the results with those that my be struggling with which products to go with.

Happy Riding

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 05-30-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 | 12:23 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Here are some pictures

Attached Thumbnails Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09787.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09782.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09792.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010 | 12:27 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Oh yeah did I say it sounds fantastic!

A whole different sound that what I have with the V & H and the wife loves it!

Attached Thumbnails Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09795.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09804.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09802.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09805.jpg   Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"-dsc09799.jpg  

Old 05-30-2010 | 12:29 PM
Yambo
Advanced

How much louder did the pipes get from stock pipes and what kind of a investment was it?

Old 05-30-2010 | 12:45 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Yambo
How much louder did the pipes get from stock pipes and what kind of a investment was it?
They are mucher louder. You no longer hear the TICK TICK TICK of the engine. I think they are borderline too loud but the wife loves them. We may look at some baffle options later on. Just cruising they are not bad but as soon as you twist the throttles they sing. It is a very nice tone but they are probably 10 time louder than stock and louder than my Vance & Hines monster ovals on the Street Glide.

Total for the complete exhaust, tips, stage one air intake and power commander installed was just under $1900.00.

Old 05-30-2010 | 12:59 PM
Yambo
Advanced

Looking for pipes that are slightly louder than stock. I plan on doing stage 1 to open everything up once I reach 1000 miles on. HD dealer mentioned to me Bassanti slip-ons. Looks your pipes are true dula set-up. I had true dual Riehardt on 07 SG wife said to loud for her - she had to wear ear plugs when riding.

Old 05-30-2010 | 01:29 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer

Is it stereo friendly at cruising? I also been wanting to pull the trigger on getting the bassanis but the road rage 2-1. They make a ghost.

Old 05-30-2010 | 02:51 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buszzbait
Is it stereo friendly at cruising? I also been wanting to pull the trigger on getting the bassanis but the road rage 2-1. They make a ghost.
They tried to talk me into buying the 2 into 1 and I almost did. The owner of this independent shop has them on his Ultra and they are nice. I just need a pipe coming out both sides. Just strange I quess!

They are stereo friendly at cruise but not during accelleration. I talked with the wife on the interstate at 75 MPH and no problems. The volume is totally adjustable. Just twist the throttle down for more sound!

Got to get off here. The wife wants to ride up to Station's Inn for dinner.

Ride safe

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 05-30-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 | 04:54 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

I loved my bassani duals. They sounded great. Much better sounding than the D&D fatcat that I have now!!!

Old 05-30-2010 | 08:11 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Well we just returned back home. Just under 200 miles round trip and beautiful weather. FYI the Stations Inn is still closed again this weekend due to a water main break. Freebornes across the street was rocking!

I listened to the stereo all the way there. It got drowned out going up Hwy 21 out of Elkin pulling over the Continental Divide to the Parkway. She is loud when she is pulling.

What I have noticed is the huge increase in low in torque. I used 6th gear several times today at speeds I could not have used it before because it would have bogged down. The modifications I did feel very much like what my brother got out of the 103 big bore kit. I am very impressed to say the least.

I forgot to check gas mileage but look forward to seeing how much it affects it. Right now I have a heavy throttle hand and I know it is less than it was stock.

Quick Reply: Bassanti & Power Commander V "OH YEAH"