Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Bleeders

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Speed Bleeders

It was time to flush my brake fluid so I bought the Speed Bleeders that are mentioned on the forum from time to time. They definitely work as advertised. I removed the old bleeder valves with a small 3/8 inch wrench. The new bleeders come with thread sealant already on the threads so you just screw them in and tighten.

I bought some tubing and a speed bleeder bag. The bag is not really necessary but it was a convenient and cheap way to collect the brake fluid.

All you have to do is remove the lid off each brake fluid reservoir, unscrew the bleeder valve a quarter to half turn, slowly pump the brake, and keep topping off the reservoir until flushed. When you are done you tighten the bleeder screw and put the dust cover cap on. Takes five or ten minutes per brake.

I have never flushed or bleed brakes before. This was unbelievably easy! Thanks to those on the forum who recommended these! Here is a picture of what I bought. I think I spent around $20.00 plus some DOT4 brake fluid. I can't imagine what the dealer would charge.

Attached Thumbnails Speed Bleeders-img_0571.jpg  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:35 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, good info. I will have to look into this.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
It was time to flush my brake fluid so I bought the Speed Bleeders that are mentioned on the forum from time to time. They definitely work as advertised. I removed the old bleeder valves with a small 3/8 inch wrench. The new bleeders come with thread sealant already on the threads so you just screw them in and tighten.

I bought some tubing and a speed bleeder bag. The bag is not really necessary but it was a convenient and cheap way to collect the brake fluid.

All you have to do is remove the lid off each brake fluid reservoir, unscrew the bleeder valve a quarter to half turn, slowly pump the brake, and keep topping off the reservoir until flushed. When you are done you tighten the bleeder screw and put the dust cover cap on. Takes five or ten minutes per brake.

I have never flushed or bleed brakes before. This was unbelievably easy! Thanks to those on the forum who recommended these! Here is a picture of what I bought. I think I spent around $20.00 plus some DOT4 brake fluid. I can't imagine what the dealer would charge.
Good Info, Thank You!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:29 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I installed speed bleeders on my last two bikes. Much more convenient than the mini suction vac I bought several years ago ...

Old 05-29-2010, 08:46 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had them on my last bike and need to get some for this one. They are by far the best thing money can buy when you need to bleed brakes. And so damn fast too.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder, getting ready to place an order for some other items.

Last edited by bruce sg08; 05-30-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah these are great. Put them on last year and never looked back.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,325 Likes on 22,633 Posts

Thanks for the Tips as always Atrain..

Old 05-30-2010, 08:13 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I like to flush out my old fluid with new every 3 years. I will have to use these next time, THANKS!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Fewe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time I have heard of these... What a great idea. I will have to pick some up before flushing the Ultra. I flushed the brakes on in the Expedition 2 years ago and it took about 1 1/2 hours of explaining and bleeding, wife was helping. Would have gone much smoother and easier with these!!!

Quick Reply: Speed Bleeders