Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 AM
randyv1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a Road Glide

I have been looking at bikes for about a year now. I went from Triumph to BMW to now Harley. The last bike I had I bought new in 1987 and it was a Honda Magna 750. I liked the bike but it was too small for two up and I just wanted more creature comforts and said that if I ever got another bike it would be a full dress tourer. Now I am 44 years old and have been feeling the bug to get another bike. I have been educating myself on the different Harley models and have sat on all of them at least once. I keep going back to the Road Glide. At first I said boy that is an ugly bike but it has kind of grown on me. It is different and at the same time it still looks like a Harley. I also like the frame mounted fairing. It feels light when I sit on it but I have yet to drive one.
The 2007 model problems (i.e. trans) may have to play out before I purchase but are there any at the dealers and what are they selling for? I have looked at the local dealers here in VA and they either do not have any or they are just keeping them off the web sites.
Note: My commute to work is about 40 minutes and is all highways (55-65 MPH) in light traffic except the last few miles. I would use it for commuting at times and for riding the BR parkway and short trips. It seems like a good bike for that. Also, has anyone put a trike kit on one of these? The only reason I ask is I have a gravel driveway which is about 1/8 mile long and at some point I may consider a conversion.

Thanks, Randy

Old 08-18-2006, 02:10 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Questions about a Road Glide

Its THE bike... I bought an 04 FLHTCI becuse that was what I wanted - looked at the Road Glide and like you, I thought they were ugly - well in the past 2.5 years they have grown on me sooooo much that I just changed my FLHTCI into a Road Glide... just finishe it today - the wife picked up some rubber washers at the HD on her way home... Sat morning the windshield gets installed and off we go on our first ride on the new FLHTR Harley - ????

Go get it and enjoy

Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

I did the same. Follow your heart and your wallet will follow. ZOOK

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/236D417F32C14BA6B3D75C0BABBF6EC8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/5D96D423E8264B0D9FC34D26DEE28A4A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I love mine, and I had numerous batwings before converting.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:03 AM
buckweet
Road Captain

have you thought about a GOLDWING ? frame mounted fairings too.

and they last forever.

and able to pass long lines of harleys in a single bound..

weet

Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

WTF!!!!!!! Did you fall off your bike again without your helmet on.
ORIGINAL: buckweet

have you thought about a GOLDWING ? frame mounted fairings too.

and they last forever.

and able to pass long lines of harleys in a single bound..

weet

Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

I think BUCKWHEET got an ingrown hair into his brain. I think I figured out why most goldwing riders use full face helmets. If I was on one, I wouldn't want anyone to see my face either [:'(]

Old 08-18-2006, 03:40 AM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: randyv1

I have been looking at bikes for about a year now. I went from Triumph to BMW to now Harley. The last bike I had I bought new in 1987 and it was a Honda Magna 750. I liked the bike but it was too small for two up and I just wanted more creature comforts and said that if I ever got another bike it would be a full dress tourer. Now I am 44 years old and have been feeling the bug to get another bike. I have been educating myself on the different Harley models and have sat on all of them at least once. I keep going back to the Road Glide. At first I said boy that is an ugly bike but it has kind of grown on me. It is different and at the same time it still looks like a Harley. I also like the frame mounted fairing. It feels light when I sit on it but I have yet to drive one.
The 2007 model problems (i.e. trans) may have to play out before I purchase but are there any at the dealers and what are they selling for? I have looked at the local dealers here in VA and they either do not have any or they are just keeping them off the web sites.
Note: My commute to work is about 40 minutes and is all highways (55-65 MPH) in light traffic except the last few miles. I would use it for commuting at times and for riding the BR parkway and short trips. It seems like a good bike for that. Also, has anyone put a trike kit on one of these? The only reason I ask is I have a gravel driveway which is about 1/8 mile long and at some point I may consider a conversion.

Thanks, Randy
Go for the Road Glide .. you won't be sorry!! All of us old Gold Wing rider end up on Road Glides .. must be the fixed faring thing!!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:27 AM
allen.m
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the road glide. great bike, handles good. great ride, i love mine. i would never get anything else.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 AM
fignuton
Cruiser

This article came out in the August 2006 issue of American Rider magazine. Gotta admit, the RG is very tempting.

Gliding in Style

[IMG]local://upfiles/8631/C9569D09468A49BCB562CFBE4057DF20.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Questions about a Road Glide