Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:14 PM
skater69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions about a Road Glide

ORIGINAL: wnogood

I have now owned both. If you are looking for a high-speed interstate cruiser, the RG wins hands down. If you do alot of backroads, or less interstate riding, I would pick the EG. The EG is less "Bulky" on winding backroads. The RG fairing does a wonderful job of cutting through the wind while blasting down the slab. I loved my RG, but after all things were considered, the EG was just a better choice for me. It would have been a hard decision between the 2 without riding both of them extensively. Good luck!

nogood o~`o
It really just depends on how the bike feels to you I guess. I experienced the opposite. Found the EG classic much more clumsy on the backroads and no less bulky than the RG.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for the Road Glide you won't be disappointed!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/68220B1682754D579D03F6FE2F49A0A1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: skater69

It really just depends on how the bike feels to you I guess. I experienced the opposite. Found the EG classic much more clumsy on the backroads and no less bulky than the RG.

Ditto to that... I had an EG Classic before my 1st RG... "For me" the RG's ride and handle better in all situations... Again, that my experience...

Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: wldhogn

ORIGINAL: randyv1

I have been looking at bikes for about a year now. I went from Triumph to BMW to now Harley. The last bike I had I bought new in 1987 and it was a Honda Magna 750. I liked the bike but it was too small for two up and I just wanted more creature comforts and said that if I ever got another bike it would be a full dress tourer. Now I am 44 years old and have been feeling the bug to get another bike. I have been educating myself on the different Harley models and have sat on all of them at least once. I keep going back to the Road Glide. At first I said boy that is an ugly bike but it has kind of grown on me. It is different and at the same time it still looks like a Harley. I also like the frame mounted fairing. It feels light when I sit on it but I have yet to drive one.
The 2007 model problems (i.e. trans) may have to play out before I purchase but are there any at the dealers and what are they selling for? I have looked at the local dealers here in VA and they either do not have any or they are just keeping them off the web sites.
Note: My commute to work is about 40 minutes and is all highways (55-65 MPH) in light traffic except the last few miles. I would use it for commuting at times and for riding the BR parkway and short trips. It seems like a good bike for that. Also, has anyone put a trike kit on one of these? The only reason I ask is I have a gravel driveway which is about 1/8 mile long and at some point I may consider a conversion.

Thanks, Randy
Go for the Road Glide .. you won't be sorry!! All of us old Gold Wing rider end up on Road Glides .. must be the fixed faring thing!!

OLD ?!?!?!? WHO YA CALLING 'OLD' ????????

im a years n' years goldwing rider, yes i love the fixed farings.
im '45' years young.

my bike is the grandaddy of the roadglides, 'tour glide' , love it.
randy ? gravel roads ? heck i ride almost two miles each way on gravel. you get used to it. no big deal.
AARP-WEET
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA !!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Hugh Betcha
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my RG back yesterday after having to leave it at the shop for the 1550 conversion. Used my sportster while the RG was "laid up". I like the sportster, love the glide. Put 300 miles on the RG so only 200 more until it is broken in again. I don't know if the glide is the best bike around but it sure is the best bike I have ever had and good enough that I have no need or desire to search any further. I'm happy!

Old 08-19-2006, 02:15 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jfanton

i happen to think rg's are beautiful. never drove any bagger or bike w/windshield before buying a new '06 rg. just look at a batwing parked next to a shark nose...common sense should prevail.

p.s. the black pearl rg w/two wheels is mine, trike is not.

Nice windshield Joe!

Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
kt
Tourer

Damn that is a cool windshield there.