Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the 103 w/ Fat Cat dynoed today

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Got the 103 w/ Fat Cat dynoed today

Got my '07 Streetglide dynoed today. I had been running V&H Big Shot Duals (true duals). I had a different tuner do the V&H 3 years ago so the results need to be taken with a grain of salt. I use a SERT. I gained nearly 10 H.P. and 3 ft. lbs. of torque on paper. The torque is great over 100 ft.lbs. from 2600 to about 4000 r.p.m. It's an improvement over the duals but not tremendous on the torque scale. It feels really responsive though. A lot better than before. I love the look. It's a black ceramic pipe on a blacked out bike. The sound is really different than what I'm used to, but I love the way it backs off when shifting gears. My bike is a bit quieter now too. I think it has the standard baffle. I'm not sure since I bought it off the wall at a a dealership without all the instructions, the box it came in, and missing the spacers for the muffler stand offs. I called D&D and they sent me some spacers for free and quick too. I sold the duals to a brother, so there's no going back.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"screw duals" suck. 2-1 rock!

i got a fat-cat and sert too! But stock 96'' and never had it dynoed (bought the bike that way). I'm guessing HP any where from 68-75(doesn't go much faster than 110 or so) and TQ from 78-88(seems to get to 0-60 pretty quick) IDK

Last edited by Kevin's_09FXDF; 05-26-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good for you!! And i'm glad your happy but, IMO baggers just don't look right with a 2 into1. I'll keep my Rineharts & suffer the few HP/TQ.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:34 PM
ND01CTD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FatCat, only way to go... they make AWESOME power!

Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice gain on the HP. I wonder why you only gained 3 ft lbs or torque. My experience has been more gains on the torque than the horsepower. As long as you are happy, that is all that matters. Post a pic of the baffle and we'll tell which one it is. I am sure the response is completely different as that was my experience as well with my fatcat, but I gained twice as much torque as I did HP. Might have to do with the drag pipes I was running prior to the fatcat.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 05-29-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:24 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Nice gain on the HP. I wonder why you only gained 3 ft lbs or torque. My experience has been more gains on the torque than the horsepower. As long as you are happy, that is all that matters. Post a pic of the baffle and we'll tell which one it is. I am sure the response is completely different as that was my experience as well with my fatcat, but I gained twice as much torque as I did HP. Might have to do with the drag pipes I was running prior to the fatcat.

Drew
I agree with you on he should be seeing more torque but I bet his curve changed a lot.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN

Drew
It goes against everything you read but the guy who originally dynoed my bike with the V&H Big Shot Duals said they gave great torque numbers. The numbers were good, but I take dyno numbers with a grain of salt. It showed 97 ft. lbs. at 2700 r.p.m.s now I'm at 98 at that speed and over 100 by 2900 and it stays there quite a while. The bike pulled pretty well with the duals and I was happy with it's performance. I really wanted to try a good 2 into 1 on my other bike. It has a pretty hot 95" and V&H Big Shot Staggereds. It really hauls but it's too loud. I found a black Fat Cat for my bagger cheap at a dealers. It was a great price so I bought it. Honestly it feels a lot torquier than before. It really jumps if you roll the throttle around 2500 to 3000 rpms. It seems to pull harder at higher r.p.m.s too, hence the higher h.p. numbers. The bike is more fun to ride now regardless of numbers.

I really like the fact that the Fat Cat is quite a bit quieter than the Big Shot Duals were. It isn't much louder than stock at an idle, and is quiet until 2500 r's then it starts to cackle. I love the way it backs off when you let off the throttle. I'd post a pic but my kid borrowed my digital camera. The baffle is the cheese grater type, but I can't tell if it's wrapped. I'm going on a 4000 mile trip from Colorado to Tahoe, northern Cal. and up the coast thru Oregon and Washington week after next so I'll see if it gets louder.

Attached Thumbnails Got the 103 w/ Fat Cat dynoed today-s5000018.jpg