Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test rode a Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Test rode a Limited

Was not impressed, thought I was on a Honda. Too quiet, felt like I was sitting higher than my 99 UC & the fairing looked wrong( too low? just didn't feel right), they had the heel shifter so high I used the toe shifter & I run a shorter windshield (maybe that was it, just don't know). They wanted me to go on a longer test ride but I had to go to work. I may have to go back in & sit on them next to each other to see what it was. Didn't seem to have any more power than mine, but I have a 95 CI & the Limited was new & not broke in yet. Did like the 6 spd & it handled fine, but it just did not feel right. Thought I was going to fall in love with it, did not expect the feeling I had for it. Maybe later when they start getting some used ones in with louder pipes & broke in I can ride one again.

Toby

Old 05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well you have to make it your own so to speak. Very happy with mine - and I'm coming from a 95" Fatboy with hopped up compression, cams etc pulling about 102 ft lbs of torque. Sure I've changed a/c, the cams, the pipes and the tuning on the Limited but even stock against a 2010 Street Glide it was good. Perhaps you should do a stock for stock comparison against a 2010 96" Ultra.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:10 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I love my Limited, best bike I've ever ridden. At the pace I'm going I'll put 30,000 miles on it this year.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
sooie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do feel i set higher now but thats fine im 6'4'' anyways
and power ha ha stock from stock way more power

Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be a little unrealistic to expect everything to feel right - out of the box - when comparing it to a ride you've been on for quite some time. It just needs the 'you' factor (aka Harely Tax) applied. No different than any other bike...

Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I am sure that I could get used to it, I think I just didn't expect it to be so quiet (which I would change) & I think mine is lowered if I remember right. Still a beautiful bike, just think I will wait a year or so & maybe get a used one. Didn't mean to dis anyones bike.

Toby

Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

The new ones (09 & newer) are taller and wider. The seat is taller too, putting the fairing lower (relatively speaking).
And yes they are pretty whimpy sounding.
Ffft ffft ffft ffft at idle. My buddie's 06 is box stock , it sounds the same.
Too quiet for me.
But you're saying the 103 didn't feel as good as your 95? Or just no better than?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i rode a limited also the salesman who is a friend of mine wanted me to ride it said more power. so i did and wasnt impressed at all but thats just my opinion iam not trying to say the bike is no good but it didnt feel like it had more power than my 09 streetglide. which was stock at the time now its a 103 with cams and the whole 9 yards. just my 2 cents.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm very happy with my Limited but I've did the performance mods. The only real complaint. Is I'm not really happy with the seat. I got the new one (running change) Its just not as comfy as the 1 on my 05. I hope it or my a$$ gets used to each other.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:00 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I dread trying to buy a new bike. Every bike I have owned I have fiddled with the first week I have had it. Fact is when I bought my glide I wasn't too happy with it out of the gate but experience told me that I can get it better laid out than my last ride in time and I have.

I do agree that the sound of the stock exhaust note is very "un Harley" on the newer bikes. Thank the government not Harley for that one though.

Quick Reply: Test rode a Limited