Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test rode a Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyVT
Thanks Ed! I picked the flame blue pearl/vivid black color option. I've been busy here on the HD Forums this evening researching Fuel Moto. Are you happy with the tune? What exactly did you do to yours to outfit it as a Stage 1? Remove the Cat?

Thanks, Tony
Tony - I did not remove the CAT - I'm waiting to see if NY starts the sniff test anytime soon. Everything is still in place to swing back if need be for inspection purposes.

I basically got the Jackpot mufflers, the PCV and the air Cleaner package deal from Fuelmoto. Install was simple. My objective was to simply take the heat down a notch - and it certainly did that. What I also got was a nice sounding exhaust which suits a touring bike just fine, and a more linear throttle response. Don't expect huge power gains thru the entire band by just doing these bolt on mods - but definitely expect a nicer feeling throttle and a cooler running bike.

Nice color choice, by the way - if I should say so myself!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:43 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyVT
Thanks Ed! I picked the flame blue pearl/vivid black color option. I've been busy here on the HD Forums this evening researching Fuel Moto. Are you happy with the tune? What exactly did you do to yours to outfit it as a Stage 1? Remove the Cat?

Thanks, Tony
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I replaced head pipes with V&H Power Duals then picked out some slip ons. (Also a/c of course and a cam)

Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am mixed on the Limited. If I were in the market, it might be more economical to get the regular UC and set it up like I want it.

Out of the gate, I'd do the Fuel Moto package with Jackpots, a different cam, Mustang Seat or Sundowner, Khromewerks sweeper +2 handlebars, and new gauges with oil temp, not air temp. Add all that up I'd have a real nice bike without spending more on the Limited and still having to do some mods after devliery.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tombo359
Cruiser

I am very happy with the full Fuel Moto package. Everything worked as advertised and I felt a definite difference after changing the headpipe and slip-ons.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
I am mixed on the Limited. If I were in the market, it might be more economical to get the regular UC and set it up like I want it.

Out of the gate, I'd do the Fuel Moto package with Jackpots, a different cam, Mustang Seat or Sundowner, Khromewerks sweeper +2 handlebars, and new gauges with oil temp, not air temp. Add all that up I'd have a real nice bike without spending more on the Limited and still having to do some mods after devliery.
Apples to apples (ABS, security, 2-tone paint), a Limited is $1,400 more than an Ultra. You get an awful lot for that $1,400.

As far as a Stage 1, I did a Fatcat, a S/E Ventilator, and a TTS Mastertune. There is a substantial difference in power across the rpm range.

Last edited by '05Train; 05-29-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by '05Train
Apples to apples (ABS, security, 2-tone paint), a Limited is $1,400 more than an Ultra. You get an awful lot for that $1,400.
And the chrome wheels, titanium instruments, heated handgrips and ACRs - just wish the engine came with different cams.

Last edited by davessworks; 05-29-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train

As far as a Stage 1, I did a Fatcat, a S/E Ventilator, and a TTS Mastertune. There is a substantial difference in power across the rpm range.
When I bought my UC a little over a month ago, the limited was $2500 more. And my UC came with ABS and Security. I did the math at the time and for me it wasn't worth the extra $$$, but I have to admin sometimes I wish I had gone for the limited, that is until it's time to make my monthly payment, then I'm perfectly happy with my UC and have the extra $$$ to pay for different upgrades I'd like to do.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RumRunner99
When I bought my UC a little over a month ago, the limited was $2500 more. And my UC came with ABS and Security. I did the math at the time and for me it wasn't worth the extra $$$, but I have to admin sometimes I wish I had gone for the limited, that is until it's time to make my monthly payment, then I'm perfectly happy with my UC and have the extra $$$ to pay for different upgrades I'd like to do.
Not knocking your choice at all - it makes sense to me. My Limited was the first non-vivid black bike I ever bought. Never could see the sense in paying extra - but the Limited wasn't available in vivid black.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WolfDog
A full hour or so in the saddle, you'll change your mind.

Best move I ever made.... great by myself, and even better 2-up......

I think its the best package Harley has put together in a while...... Perfect Platform to fix the way you want....

Ride On.....
I agree. HD did it right with the Limited. Seems like a great mile chugger to me.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:41 AM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've put similar mods on my limited that I put on my 07 FLHRCI and the 103 motor blows away the 96 motor mod for mod. The thing pulls like a mule at just about any rpm... I've pulled 6th up past 112 mph. That is something my 96 just couldn't do... heck it had a hard time getting over 102. I just got back from a trip today and I wouldn't have any other bike than what I have right now... it was worth every penny that I spent on it.

You are also whining about stupid stuff like the heel shifter position and the stock exhaust.. I've always thrown away the stock exhaust so it doesn't matter if it sounds like a honda when I pick it up because I know that after I change the exhaust that it will sound like a 103 inch HD motor!

Quick Reply: Test rode a Limited