Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test rode a Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Any of the new cat equipped bikes are simply strangled to death. You've GOT to let 'em breath before you get a good idea of what they're gonna ride like.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

It wasn't broke in & no mods so I am sure that is why it did not feel any stronger than my 99 w/95ci. I think I was just hoping that it would be seat of the pants different.

Toby

Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Tombo359
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from an '03 88 to a Limited 103 and of course noticed a big improvement, but then put the full Fuel Moto package (2-1-2 headpipe, PC-V, Jackpot Dyno tuned slip-ons and SE A/C) and really woke that engine up. Stock out of the box it was quiet but now really sounds good.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 PM
TonyVT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm excited to test ride a Limited at Wilkins HD on Saturday morning.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you trying to talk youself out of not buying a new bike? If not, I'm not sure what you were expecting. You're on a bike with 95ci (1556 cc) and you're comparing to a bike with 103 ci (1687 cc) ... so basically a difference of just over 8% ... what kind of power difference did you really expect?

I came from a '09 Ultra (96ci) to a '10 Limited (103ci) and noticed a bit of a difference. It was certainly not neck snapping, and for the most part it is not felt in the acceleration at all. The difference is in the seat time you put on the bike. This is, after all, a touring bike, and the difference is in the feel of the bike at highway speeds.

As an example, on a recent 2000 mile trip to San Francisco and down the California coast the bike performed very well. Sure, my son's VTX 1300 would beat me stop light to stop light ... but then again he didn't have cruise control, CD players, and all that storage. I got 43 miles per gallon (on average), and that's on a bike that is bigger and has more power that my '09 Ultra.

Of course, if you're just trying to talk yourself out of wanting a new bike ... sure ... the bike sucks ... you'll hate it ... don't buy one.

Then again ... I love my Limited and think that it is just what the doctor ordered.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I test drove a Limited and a SEUC at a demo days event last fall. Made me even HAPPIER that I bought the Road Glide..

Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 PM
TonyVT
Tourer

Back from Wilkins. I put a deposit on a Limited and should be able to pick it up later in the week after working out financing details with the credit union.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyVT
Back from Wilkins. I put a deposit on a Limited and should be able to pick it up later in the week after working out financing details with the credit union.
Congrats man! I'm enjoying mine and you will too! Lots of great ideas here on the forum for upgrading and making it your own. I would suggest looking at a fuel management system as one of your first upgrades. Bike needs to run richer in order to lower engine operating temp.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A full hour or so in the saddle, you'll change your mind.

Best move I ever made.... great by myself, and even better 2-up......

I think its the best package Harley has put together in a while...... Perfect Platform to fix the way you want....

Ride On.....

Old 05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
TonyVT
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLS2FLH
Congrats man! I'm enjoying mine and you will too! Lots of great ideas here on the forum for upgrading and making it your own. I would suggest looking at a fuel management system as one of your first upgrades. Bike needs to run richer in order to lower engine operating temp.
Thanks Ed! I picked the flame blue pearl/vivid black color option. I've been busy here on the HD Forums this evening researching Fuel Moto. Are you happy with the tune? What exactly did you do to yours to outfit it as a Stage 1? Remove the Cat?

Thanks, Tony

Quick Reply: Test rode a Limited