Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Man's Opinion of the Harley Tourers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
valleybuck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'3" thats one of the reasons I chose the R.G. was that I didn"t feel cramped.Very happy whith my choice.I got the king tour pac quick detatch,also put the heirtage handle bars and the sundowner seat the bike fits me great.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valleybuck
I'm 6'3" thats one of the reasons I chose the R.G. was that I didn"t feel cramped.Very happy whith my choice.I got the king tour pac quick detatch,also put the heirtage handle bars and the sundowner seat the bike fits me great.
I am 6' 2" with a 33" inseam and made all the same changed you made except the seat - which I am having customized by Bitchn Stitchn locally this week. Rides great and can go from solo to touring in about 10 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails One Man's Opinion of the Harley Tourers-p1000782.jpg   One Man's Opinion of the Harley Tourers-p1000735.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's my "Ultra: Road Glide. Everything comes off but I rarely do.

Just added an intercom to complete the package. Tried all the blue tooth, wireless stuff and settled on the HD boom audio upgrade.

Hogg chopps lowers, windvest shield, J&M 7 1/4s, HID headlight, Lighted rack, chromed out motor and controls, Mustang touring seat, etc.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

A good Fugly is like a soft ******, it's tough to beat...

Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds like you found your new ride ;-)

Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I am confused here.... The frames on all the touring bikes are all the same. The SG and RG are lower than the Classic and the Ultra but that is just shocks. The seats differ that is about it so why would seem like it would have more room than the other sans the seat?

Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple solution to feeling cramped: highway pegs.

I have a 32" inseam myself and have never felt cramped on the Ultra with stock seat and footboards. I have spent 12 hours a day on the Ultra and have been comfortable for all 12 of them. Of course, I do use the highway pegs to change position from time to time; but I find even with the highway pegs available, I use them less than the footboards.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
I am confused here.... The frames on all the touring bikes are all the same. The SG and RG are lower than the Classic and the Ultra but that is just shocks. The seats differ that is about it so why would seem like it would have more room than the other sans the seat?
The "Batwing" is right there by your handlebars... the "Sharnknose", is in the next zip code (or so it seems) The frames, ARE the same, on all "touting family" bikes. seat/control/handlebar positions are all the same... it's all about the fairing.... some like it close, others do not.

It will cost a rider far more to outfit a Road Glide, as an Ultra... "bang for the buck" you can not touch the Ultra....but sometimes personal comfort, and taste rule out.

Bad side of owning and riding the RG.... is every bike I sit on now seems small, and cramped.... including a Road King.... LOL I sat on one last week, at a dealership, and I'm sorry... I know it's the same bike etc..... but I'm so used to the RG... I'm like.... "where's the REST of the bike?" That's not a rip on the RK...it's just how I felt...

Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 AM
racerdj
Club Member

Test rides or loaners can be dangerous to your wallet.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Ride the Ultra before making up your mind. Nothing wrong with the RG but you might be surprised.

Quick Reply: One Man's Opinion of the Harley Tourers