Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rider Restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

same rule I have for me. Decide if you want to drink or ride. If have one sip ridding is over. If I go down I want to know it was not from being dulled and dim and sloppy.
Just my rule for me, but I think it is a good one for me.

Kroozeabout.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:09 AM
cptpt1979
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know its different for everyone as far as learning to ride safely and conduct yourself accordingly...ive been riding my own bike since i was 14 and am now 30...my mom and step dad rode ever since i could remember and i basically learned to ride safely and how to handle a bike in and around traffic by watching how the two of them rode. so when i got my own bike i was well prepared for riding. my mom got rid of hers and so whenever she wanted to go somewhere we would ride together with her sitting on the back. the first time she rode with me on his Low Rider she was more than impressed with the way i rode and handled the bike and couldnt believe that i handled it better than the step dad.

i guess what im trying to say is that i think youre right on with the restrictions/precautions and that it may do him a lot of good to take several trips beside you. it will also serve two purposes: 1 you can watch how he rides and maybe have a talk after the ride or during if something needs addressing and 2 he will be there to watch you and maybe see how dad does things.

either way this time will go by too fast but at least the two of you will be doing something you both enjoy and maybe some good memories to go in the mental scrapbook.

ride safe