Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I do now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 PM
MyRide7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I do now!!!

Well long story short wife an I just returned home from taking the bike out "With us to eat". while waiting outside she noticed a small ding small as a penny or smaller in the center of the front fender on top below the cross bar (Were my bell is hanging from) no paint is scratched or chipped off but the bell (eagle with wings spread on top of the actual bell) has one of its wings bent somewhat. I did notice while riding to eat we had a pretty good BUMP crosing a bridge were it meets the road surface but I didnt pay much attention to it. I know after I returned last night and cleaned the bike there was no Ding on the fender top. So I guess this must of happened tonight !!!!Shat!!! Shat Shat!! My question is does anyone know the best way to get this fixed or should I say the hell with it and go on?? I have removed my bell and will be moving it to a different location!! Any help on this thanks in advance..................Marty.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:51 PM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain
Default RE: What do I do now!!!

You can dolly it out with a felt covered dolly and hammer from the inside and get it close....but not perfect....

Old 08-17-2006, 11:51 PM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats pretty common,dont hang anything above your front fender.
take the fender off and push it out from the back side with a round piece of wood and your hand

Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the best ya can and then forget it!

That pretty tuff metal and will not be easy to pop out...

Old 08-17-2006, 11:54 PM
captain_jeb
Intermediate

bite the bullet and purchase another fender. it happens...just suck it up and learn from your mistake.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Install Progressive Suspension fork springs, heavier fork oil, and keep your air up. It'll never happen again.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same thing on the top of my fender. Don't know how it got there but I don't intend to remove it. I'm liable to screw it up worse. I just think of it as one of those little flaws that gives the bike character.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:00 AM
MyRide7
Tourer

Thanks all...I have already taken off tire and began to start the "FIX" trying to push it out but it may be hard due to the fact it is so small...If this doesnt work may say the hell with it and wait till winter when I can take more time with it......................Thank again............Marty.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Harry Manback
Cruiser

First of all, let this be a lesson to you...

The bell belongs on the bottom, as close to the ground as possible. Can't mess around with this kind of superstition, the protocols must be follwed.

Now, just leave it; just a battle scar. If you're ridin' em, you are scratchin' em. If you aint scratchin' it, you aint ridin' it.

Just think, what started out as a simple bite to eat, is now a lasting memmory.

How was dinner?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:24 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

There are guys who for a few bucks specialize in getting out those dents. Guy in Brooklyn named Chris "Dent Devil" or something. He took a big dent out of the rear fender in my Porsche. They use all kinds of weird tools. There are some franchises. Check with the local car dealers - they usually use these guys when new cars come in with dings from trailers so they don't have to tell the customers that the car got damaged..

Quick Reply: What do I do now!!!