Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE

Did'nt take long....now you can tap into the real potential of that new 96"! Part #812-511.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE

Good find, eagle eye!

Link on the PC site is not active yet, but at least this unit (unlike the unit for 07 Dynas, Sporty's & V-Rods) looks like it's available now!!!

Some of you 07 owners need to jump on this & post some feedback!!!!

Just checked out www.fuelmotousa.com & they have them. They also have the following blurb on their home page:
__________________________________________________ ______________________
We have already tested and tuned several 07 Harley Davidson 96" bikes and have maps available. The 07 bikes make very good HP and Torque. We have found that with replacing the air cleaner and exhaust creates a major lean condition 15:1+ A/F with the stock EFI which is even leaner than we typically see with the 02-06 models. The good news is that the Power Commander easily corrects the A/F ratio, and we have seen significant gains on the 2007 96" bikes. This is again a very easy install and includes the O2 sensor eliminators.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Old 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Good info Phil! Screw the EPA, warranty and those goofy sensors, who needs em!

Old 08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt rush to this just yet.For a stock setup or minor tweaks this sounds great.A resonabily priced system that uses better sensors and the ability to tune itself is what we need.No splicing plz.Its still early!Break the bike in,put more miles on it and wait till the aftermarket shakes out.But I guess a someone has to jump first.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
fimduc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder why Power Commander/Dynojet can't figure out a way to incorporate the O2 sensors readings into their black box........now the '07 guys are left with wires to the O2 sensors that have to be cut and for sure some way for the MOCO to say your warranty is void...catalytic convertors, 85 db muffs, crappy O2 sensors, lean running EPA programing makes you wonder why we even bother buying a new bike just to take all that crap off

Old 08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
My427stang
Cruiser

I am going to wait, hopefully someone has something that actually uses the O2 sensors, as well as the other sensors to adaptive tune.

Its a shame in this day and age when I can buy a programmable system for a 489 inch 1964 FE Ford motor that uses all the inputs to tune to the environment, but cant for a modern EFI bike

I was also a little concerned with the dyno chart

Gain 5 hp from a motor that has pipes and an aircleaner with a stock tune? Does that mean they lost 5 from the lean condition when they installed the pipes and just gained it back to where it was?

Regardless, cool stuff is slowly coming!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Stang, don't wait for PC to come out with a unit that utilizes the O2 sensors......they are in the business to sell Dynojet 250 machines and PCIII and then have you buy dyno tune-ups. They don't want you to have automatic tuning built into your machine.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:38 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Those narrow band sensors are basically useless (EPA emissions)....they do nothing to enhance performance. Why even get an exhaust system with bungs....forget it and go with a PCIII and get tuned!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
My427stang
Cruiser

fimduc, I am with you 100%

Been doing a lot of EFI work over the years and I really am not interested in a system without input.

With enough inputs, even a NB 02 sensor can do good work, its just tougher to dial in a good table to start with, but cutting sensors out doesnt interest me at all

Drag cars and dynos get away with a bare map with few inputs, because the map is simple, WOT and go just dont lean out, but for a multitude of throttle positions, gears, engine loads, you really need something smarter I would think

Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
WhiteKnuckle
Cruiser

I don't think it'll be a warranty issue at my dealer. I was there yesterday getting my 1000 mile service, and told the service mgr that I was sure my bike was running pretty lean. She (yes, she) said pipes and Stage 1 with a remap will help, but suggested a PCIII when they became available. I guess some dealers look for a reason to pull the plug on your warranty, others don't. Of course, she knows me and knows I'm not going to screw the bike up myself and then ask them to fix it for free.

I'm going to order mine tomorrow. I'll let you know what it does.

Quick Reply: 2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE