Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:15 PM
fimduc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE

Thats good to know that there are still many dealers out there that take a practical approach to all this EPS crap and understand who the customer is. You would think that HD would take the opportunity to promote thier SERT and figure out a way to use the existing O2 sensors or offer an upgrade to a wide band sensor and then the SERT would really be a great performance tuning device. But then the MOCO would be back in the trap of selling an promoting RACE ONLY NOT FOR STREET USE products and the EPA/Lawyers would be on their butt like they were for the SE Race Only pipes that they discontinued earllier this year.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:10 PM
copout221
Cruiser

The SERT does use the existing O2 sensors on the bike but you cannot change the AFR numbers below 14.6 in advanced mode. The nice part is the ECM will not trigger any trouble codes if you run the AFR below 14.6 for a richer condtion when tuning. The O2 sensors can only adjust +/- .5 AFR and at little to mild throttle. Here is some information from the latest SERT manual talking about the new O2 sensors that were introduced on 2006 Dyna models. Note: These sensors are useless when the engine is cold or at full throttle.

Closed-Loop Operation
Background
2006 EFI Dyna models come equipped with 2 “switching” sensors…also known as stoichiometric sensors. Unlike wide-band sensors which can measure and control over a wide AFR range (10-20), switching sensors can only control within a narrow range (+/- 0.5 AFR). This offset in control is accomplished with the EFI Race Tuner by adjusting the Closed-Loop Bias table.
Closed-loop operation is only used when the engine is in a normal operating condition. There are several instances when the ECM goes into open-loop operation. These include: warm-up, high load or high RPM operating conditions (such as WOT), when the vehicle is in Hot Engine Management, or any time the AFR requested is richer than 14.6. Data Mode has also been updated to read and record proper Closed-Loop parameters for proper tuning.
There is also a new Data Type when recording on bikes with O2 sensors. This is listed as ‘Engine with O2 Data’ under the ‘Data Type’ pull-down menu. To record O2 sensor data follow the instructions below.
1. Open Data Mode
2. Select Record Data from the File pull-down menu.
3. Click ‘Accept’.
4. Name your recording and save.
5. In the ‘Data Recording Control’ dialog box select ‘Engine With O2 Data’ from the ‘Data Type’ pull-down menu.
6. Minimize the ‘Data Recording Control’ dialog box.
7. The main Data Mode window will now list and record the following closed-loop data items.
a. VE New Front. This is the new calculated VE for the front cylinder that the ecm uses when running closed-loop.
b. VE New Rear. This is the new calculated VE for the rear cylinder that the ecm uses when running closed-loop.
c. O2 Integrator Front. This is an error value for the front cylinder.
d. O2 Integrator Rear. This is an error value for the rear cylinder.
e. O2 Sensor Front. This is the milli-volt reading of the front O2 sensor.
f. O2 Sensor Rear. This is the milli-volt reading of the rear O2 sensor.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 AM
f7addict
Cruiser

ttt

Old 08-18-2006, 08:25 AM
My427stang
Cruiser

I guess they have them, but not available or in production

Despite the lack of O2 sensors, I had to email them LOL

Here is what they sent back (it aint much)

We are working on developing units/maps for the 2007 HD applications. We hope to release them as soon as possible and will post any information on the site as it becomes available.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:58 PM
copout221
Cruiser

I had a PCIIIR on my 07 last week with the O2 sensor eliminators installed. The bike ran fine but there are no maps avail for my 110" engine and I did not want to pay $300.00 for a Dynotune right now. The units that Dynojet will be offering for the 2007 models will be the same as the 2006 Dyna models but with maps for the entire line including FL's. I returned the PCIII and reprogrammed my ECM with a SERT and available map. It works nice and the bike runs great.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
biggums
6th Gear

I just installed a set of new SE 07 slip on's for my 07 Classic along with the SE air cleaner set up and PC III with 02 sensor by passes. The bike runs strong and smooth but the exhaust is really quite.

I like the way it runs but am not sure about the lack of the Harley sound.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
WhiteKnuckle
Cruiser

Cool, thanks for the info. Those are the mods I was thinking about for my bike. For the time being, though, I'm just going to put the PCIII on my stocker and richen it up a bit.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:57 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Could you give a little more detail about the SE slip-ons. Which of the SE's do you have? How do they sound at idle? I have a '07 FHLT and like the quiet going down the road. What does't sound good to me is at idle. When I first went on a ride with friends, they laughed at the idle sound. They thought it sounded like a old Volkswagon.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You want sound, pick up a set of SEII's or vance and hines, they will fit and as long as you dont add a open air cleaner the new limited closed loop ecm will adjust for the pipes. And you dont throw out a 2 year warranty, harley made it clear in their new 07 press release, ANY modifications other than the epa 50 state parts WILL void it, at least with just slipons you could switch em out before taking in to dealer.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:29 PM
johnny5
Intermediate

Trading in my 06 rkc for a 07 sg on the 28th and have been reading this for the last two weeks trying to figure out what to do for exhaust and fuel; still don't know what I'm going to do! PCIII sounds good, but just read about the O2 eliminators and don't really like that idea, even if they are narrow band. Guess I'll just keep reading.
John

Quick Reply: 2007 TOURING PCIII AVAILABLE