Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tried out a Boyesen X-Wing Today ,,Happy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 06:55 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like it is supposed to mimic the effects of having a velocity stack.

Looks similar in function to this. http://www.cv-performance.com/v-ductor/

Old 10-31-2015, 07:08 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

motocross action magazine did a dyno run on a 450 cc mx bike and found 2 hp. i believe them ive been reading it since the 70s and found them to be unbiased in there tests

Old 10-31-2015, 08:30 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeo33y
i dont know about cars and the things that work and dont work but im not gonna call these guys on this thread liars.

WOW !! Thank you for the wonderful compliment.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:38 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stiggy
I'd like to see one of you guys do an unbiased before and after if you ever get near a dyno. 'Butt' dyno's aren't very reliable. On a Stage I machine, I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if you's actually gained one or two horsepower.

I try to be objective and ride the machine back to back in as similar conditions as possible.

With plugs I usually have recently installed new factory, put some miles on and really pay attention to how it runs, starting, throttle response to a variety of conditions, roll-ons, hard pull, little bit of town.

I live in a small community with Highway only one stop sign between my house and the open road, lots of areas I know and ride constantly. You really get to know your machine when you spend a lot of time on it and you are your own mechanic.

Plugs seemed to start motor easier and with a touch more authority, seemed like the mixture lit up better with the supposed greater spark, seems to snort less.

1-2 HP gain ?? I am good with that, $ well spent. I have no real clue on #s but the motor does indeed run better so I am happy.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:22 PM
harrell42
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been running this product my 2011 ultral limited 103 for about 50,000 miles and it has a better throttle response and helps keep the blow by in the filter down to almost none.
roller

Old 11-01-2015, 08:36 PM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It would be interesting to see how the xwing and v-ductor compare, there is quite a price difference

Old 11-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,904 Likes on 19,365 Posts

Originally Posted by harrell42
i have been running this product my 2011 ultral limited 103 for about 50,000 miles and it has a better throttle response and helps keep the blow by in the filter down to almost none.
roller
helps keep the blow by in the filter down to almost none ... This product would have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on blow-by ... No how, no way.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
helps keep the blow by in the filter down to almost none ... This product would have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on blow-by ... No how, no way.

Really ?? You do not suppose that an area in the throat of the throttle body would be a turbulent area with swirling and multi directional disturbed air ?? Maybe the oil vapors from the vent tubes would swirl outside the throat of the throttle body, collect and eventually drip ? You do not think that perhaps with the introduction of a device that helps straighten the airflow out would also minimize the collection of oil vapor on the outer areas of the throttle body and thus stop dripping ???? You think there is no way or no how eh Uncle ?? Well you have a pretty good chance being wrong.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 979 Posts

I can see where that may help a carburetor work but how does it help fuel injection? Fuel droplet size and homogeneity are controlled by the injector nozzles, not suction thru a carb throat that could be disturbed by turbulence.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
I can see where that may help a carburetor work but how does it help fuel injection? Fuel droplet size and homogeneity are controlled by the injector nozzles, not suction thru a carb throat that could be disturbed by turbulence.
Its independent of how the fuel is delivered.

By your logic, it wouldn't make sense to port your heads. Head porting is about volume and *flow*.

This product purports to improve the flow of air, so fuel injection or carb is immaterial.

I dont own one, I'm sure at a certain level it does what it says it does, but I wouldnt expect miracles from it.

Quick Reply: Tried out a Boyesen X-Wing Today ,,Happy!