Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Windshield Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
So if a 17" shield will work, what will a 20.5" do? Just push the wind further over my head? And why do they list the Road in the Cruiser section with the Dynas and Softails and others? The audacity..........lol
I would guess it would not only push it up but further out around you also. Make sure you don't want any wind before you buy a huge shield. I wanted some nice fresh air with no buffeting, and the ability to see OVER the windshiels,that's exactly what I got. As far as the listings, maybe because RKs are not 'fixed' shields like the fairing bikes are? I don't know. Everybody who makes aftermarket HD stuff is not always familiar with the line, but I am pretty sure John is.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 AM
FLTRKER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the taller one- and I have to sit up straight to see over the shield-(no biggie) the shield is a lot stiffer and stronger than the stock and does not flex as much but the big difference I notice is the stock shield warps the image and the clearview does not.
When wearing a helmet the recurve provides a small pocket of undisturbed air that prevents all the head vibration you get from a stock curve.
Without a helmet it is a whole lot nicer.
I would rather have the extra 2 inches than the shorter version, for long trips it is a smoother ride.