Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I can't flat-foot my Glide either, but been riding it for over 20 years. Time in the saddle and experience will increase your confidence and ability.

We visited our favourite dealer today for their 110th special event and helped a rider with an RK pick it up. He is very tall and flat foots with ease, but handled it like a novice and dropped it just backing it out of where he parked. He parked it without a thought for getting it back out and sat on it while backing it, rather than getting off it and doing it while standing up on his two feet!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 PM
zglide09
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my first bike ever..a 2009 Electra this May. 3500mi put on this year and I'm sad to put it in storage. I can't wait untill next season, I love it.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Iron_Horseman_Calgary
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosiebee
Bought an '07 Street Glide in May. I'd like it a lot more if I could figure out how to lower it. I'm told it's already got low profile shocks. Dealer says they can lower the front end for $500. I'm 5'3" and can't put both feet flat on the ground when sitting on the bike. Any suggestions?
Rosie, many local apholstery shops also work on motorcycle seats (there are a few you can google who exclusively work on bike seats). They can take your bike's seat scoop out the sides that your legs press against when stopped at a light and they can take out a little of the foam on the top of the seat then reapply the seat cover. Another option is a lower accessory seat for your bike. In my opinion, it would be best to try either of these options first before lowering the front forks (which will give you a little harsher ride).

Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Jzl0gl
Intermediate

Got my '12 UCEG March of this year - my first Harley. Had a '07 Suzuki C50T and a '10 Kawasaki Nomad on my way to the Harley. Ride 90+% of the time with my wife and we both love this one!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM
2008GLIDE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two weeks ago I bought my first Harley. I have always owned crouch rockets, now I have a 2008 Street Glide!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
TWard73
Novice

New to Harleys and touring bikes, been on crotch rockets for the last 18 years or so ( creeping up on 40 years old ) actually quit riding for about 2 years as i got into Jeeps but ended up trading my Jeep off for my Electra Glide and so far I'm loving it.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Pix
Road Master
Received 282 Likes on 147 Posts

Bought an 04 Ultra Classic, first Harley and first street bike in 30yrs, have raced MX for the last 20yrs so I have a little bike experience.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm picking up a 2010 Ultra Classic Limited tomorrow morning from a dealership. It will be my first time riding a HD and definitely the biggest bike I've ever ridden. I can't wait!!! I'll let you know how it goes.
Dave

Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

I picked up my 2010 Ultra Classic Limited this am from the dealership and Holy Toledo, I love this bike. It's big, powerful and absolutely beautiful!!! This is certainly a rite of passage for me...my first Harley! I can't stop going to the garage to just look at it. I couldn't be happier. Why did I wait so long to get a Harley? Oh boy, do I ever wish it were April and not October!
Dave

Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 AM
San Diego Ron
5th Gear
Default First touring bike

I bought my 2001 Ultra classic (Shriner's Model) Sept 25, 2012 in Ohio while visiting on my Brother's boat at Cedar Point Marina in Sandusky, Ohio. I had wanted to ride my 1999 Softail Custom there and back from San Diego but my wife had a plane ticket ready for me instead. While there got the bug again for long bike trip so started looking in the area for used Touring bike...about to give up and mentioned something on facebook about wanting to get another bike and that was when an old friend told me about this bike his friend was thinking of selling near Kent, Ohio. Next day my Brother and I went to see the bike and I fell in love with it immediately. It had just over 10,000 miles on it and looked as new, had mostly been used in parades with other Shriner bikes. Owner had just put new tires on it and he purchased new battery for me as I was doing paperwork to get bike and insurance transferred. Rode bike to Pittsburgh, PA that evening in rain and spent next couple days there at my Brother's house waiting for big storm that was in Oklahoma and all the way to through St. Louis to Pittsburgh to let up. It did and I headed out for San Diego on a bike I had no experience on and was a little intimidated by the size and weight of it. We (bike and I) made the trip in five days, could have been four but spent day and night in Phoenix with friends. Only time I was scared was going from Amarillo to Tucumcari in 30MPH to 50MPH winds...passing big rigs was the worst with bike being pulled and pushed in all directions. Later that night while at a Red Roof Inn in Gallup, NM resting my weary bones came up with a name for my new beast...because previous owner had someone at Sturgus in 2005 paint Indian style feathers on bike and I was in NM, came up with name "White Dog" for my new trusty steed.

Last edited by San Diego Ron; 10-19-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?