Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 AM
bronxhammer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purshased mine,moved up from a softail chopper to a bagger,but over the winter im going to tear it apart and sled it out...yikes

Last edited by bronxhammer; 09-16-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Big Kris
Intermediate

I'm 1600 miles into my 2012 sg and it's my 1st bagger. And I ride it like my busa I had!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
andrejak
6th Gear
Default Losing sleep waiting for my first Bagger

Should be here by the end of the month. My first Touring bike (Bagger), its a 2013 CVO Road Glide. Coming from a 2008 Night Train and can't wait to get some time in the saddle before the snow flies up here in NH.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:31 PM
1sicmofo
Tourer

Bought my first bagger a month ago , road 1k miles in the first week.

Also have a HD Duece and Ducati Hypermotard Evo Sp

Wife loves the New Roadking I Bought, nice to be able to stop store stuff.

LOVE the 103 sounds sweet with true duals.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
darkcustom48
Cruiser

I'm riding the "I'm coming from a softail and never going back" bus.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Greg2006
Novice

Originally Posted by Hot Harley Girl
Greg....you have never read a Dumber Post before????
You might want to read your own....if you want to read something, really Pathetic and Sad.
I would suggest and highly recommend, that if you do not Cut your own connection with this site, that the Moderators BAN you from this site all together, for your Chauvinistic.... Rude and very Disrespectful comments towards a "Female" rider and another Harley owner.
Your Out Of Line ....Comments, have no place on a Forum like this or any where else for that matter.
What type of Real Man or Gentlemen, would ever utter such words?
Once again, your own Profile picture of Choice, tells us all, exactly the type of individual that you are.
One thing for sure , I am definitely MORE of Woman.....than you will ever be......a Real Man!
You really need to learn some Respect for others Greg.......especially towards all us Female riders out there.
Hopefully the Moderators will take care of that short coming of yours, for us all.
Your anger towards women in general , is coming out .....Loud and Clear.
You need to be Taught some Manners and Respect for others Greg.
But......I am sure and positive, that you have heard that more than once ,in your Life?
Hopefully the Moderators address your issues, for us.

Ouch.... It looks like I'm going to be up all night!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Greg2006
Novice
Talking

Dearest HHG, I was up all night thinking about this and I have come to terms with myself! I really hate to say it so close to Halloween, but I am the razor blade in your caramel apple. People like you sicken me, why you ask? Because, you cannot fight your own battles, instead you try and twist things, and turn them into something that was never really said. You are the instigator in the croud that trys to get everybody upset through deceit and fight the battle that you cannot! My comments were made to you, not as you stated "especially towards all us Female riders out there".
"Your anger towards women in general" This is about you and nobody else. You even tried to bring in the moderators to fight your battle. "if you do not Cut your own connection with this site, that the Moderators BAN you from this site all together" "Hopefully the Moderators will take care of that short coming of yours, for us all" "Hopefully the Moderators address your issues, for us". I feel sorry for you, I really do. You also try to make it sound like just be cause you own a Harley "and another Harley owner" that you are above reproach. Sad news for you... anyone that can make the payment can own a Harley, I do believe there are threads on this site with pics of people doing very stupid things on their bike. Look at this:
. This is just one. The vast majority of Harley riders are good people, not instigators like yourself! You have become like my dogs squeaky toy once she has ripped the squeaker out of it. You are still fun to play with, but you just don't make any useful noise. Tell you what; Las Vegas Bike Week is coming up Sept. 27 - 30th... if you can make it out here maybe we can work this out, I'll treat to a foot long hotdog, and a shrimp cocktail when your done with that. Las Vegas is famous for both you know!
eh

Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Harley Girl
Well......I just sold my Fat Boy because a Great Deal came up on a Road Glide.
I have to say.....I am still undecided about the Road Glide.
I actually HATE that "FIXED" Fairing.....BIG TIME!!!
If I was doing it all over again.....I would definitely prefer the "Bat Wing" Fairing over the Road Glides "Fixed" Fairing.
Next thing that I have noticed with the Road Glide is.....that the Fairing does very little , as far as Blocking the wind goes.
On my Fat Boy.....my Sun Glass's would always Stay On....due to having no windshield at all, and the wind would hit me square in the face.....which would pin my glass's to my face, as I rode down the Freeway, at Freeway speeds.
When I picked up my Road Glide......the first thing that happened at Freeway speeds was for my $250 Oakleys....to Fly Off, due the Up Draught caused by that useless low windshield, that did absolutely nothing to block any of the wind.
If anything, the wind is even worse now, on the Road Glide because of the turbulence created by that Fixed Fairing.
I was always under the impression that by having a Touring Bike over a Fat Boy....that most of the wind, would be eliminated?
Not the case at all.
The Road Glide is liking owning a 4x4 over a Sports car.
It sits so Frigging High off the ground, it makes it so Unstable while trying to back it up, or just stopping at a light, is a challenge at times on the uneven pavement.
It could have something to do, with that 5 inch THICK Sofa, that they have on the Stock Road Glides.
The stereo is a nice touch, but....you can not hear it, at freeway speeds as it is, so it is really no big deal at all.
How immature and embarrassing is it, to hear.. some bike at a light, Blaring out some Old 80's tunes for all to hear.....while the rider thinks, that everyone else in the world Loves their choice of Music? lol
I wish that I could actually hear "My" Music, via some Blue Tooth device, as opposed to sharing my style of Music, with the outside world.
I do have to say, that the two bikes are like Night and DAY in Handling, the Road Glide does turn so much better and the ride is so much Softer than my Fat Boy ever was.
I have noticed not that much difference in the Power between the two bikes, which I am disappointed in....even with the 6 speed in my Road Glide, I am not impressed with it's 96 engine over my 88.......Yup.....I was expecting a lot more Power.
It is really nice to have the Locking Bags on it, that is a Huge Bonus.
So.....it is funny to read all the Positive remarks about your Touring Bikes, I find the Road Glide to be very Over Rated, from what I had heard.
All of our Buddies swear by the Road Glide and they ALL Love them?
I just find it hard to figure out....."WHY"?
Different strokes for different folks, but for me.......I know....that the Bat Wing Street Glide, would be a much better bike for me.
I really Hate that "FIXED" Fairing...BIG TIME! lol
May be?......I will get used to it and learn to Love it?
But......we are already talking about selling it come next Spring....and buying a Real Bike.
One with NO Windshield, No useless Sound System, No Sofa to sit on, and No Hard Bags ( These I will miss) but our next bike will have a BIG "Bad ***" 300 on the back of her!
If we are wanting creature Comforts and a Soft Ride, while listening to Barry Manilow and Abba tunes at FULL BLAST lol.......we will drive our Vette or the BMW.
Like Jesse James used to say......He always wanted a Bike, that was soooooo uncomfortable to ride.....that No One Else....would ever want to Ride it! lol
Hand Warmers, Coffee Cup Holders, Stereo's and Windshields belong in Cars.......not on Real Bikes.
Yes......I now have a Tour Bike a "Road Glide" to be specific.......but.....I will be selling it come the Spring.....and looking for some thing else, that looks more like a Bike and performs as one.
May be......I will change my mind between now and then?
You never ever know?
I am sure, that my feelings and remarks would be entirely different, if it was not for that "Fixed" Fairing.
Each to their own....but.....I really Hate that FIXED Fairing! LOL
Now.....tell me ....what the advantages are, of the Road Glide over a Street Glide?
If we wanted another "comfy" Car......we would buy one.
Bikes should look and feel like a Bike......the Tour Models are so far removed from that.....it kind of Turns me Off, for now!
Just my own Opinion.....for what it is worth.
HHG, the Batwing fairings cause buffeting too. You should do some searches on what has helped others with their RG buffeting. It freaks everyone out at first. You can install some aftermarket deflectors, or play around with the windshields, and lots of other stuff. I would bet if you can rid yourself of the buffeting you will end up enjoying your RG. Harley is selling a ton of them and they are for sure one of the best touring bikes made. I ride a 12 SG for touring and building a 97 Fatty for hopping.

Good Luck.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2006
Hey Tim,
Out of the two replies, yours is the only sensible one, to date.
I find it rather entertaining that my comments, would create such a stir! lol
I am just pointing out the facts, about the "ROAD GLIDE" itself.
I am sorry, if my comments go against the Grain or are not in line with some of the "Golly Gee" isn't the Road Glide just SWELL Beav impressions that it leaves a lot of you with!
I am just speaking from my "own" views of the ROAD GLIDE.
Some ....seem to have a problem with that? lol
Some of the Childish comments directed this way, reflect the profile pictures and the words of their own authors.
As they say....a Picture speaks a Thousand words!
In their case....that phrase appears to be, so True.
Once again guys, I am not here to Praise or give False credit to a Bike, that does not deserve it, in my own eyes.
If you happen to Love your Road Glide, that is Great for "YOU".
I on the other hand, have found nothing really worth while, to Love about "My"...... "ROAD GLIDE".
Different strokes for different Folks!
Speaking of that, just because I happen to live in Vancouver, that does not require me, to be a Canuck Fan either!
The Canucks ....SUCK....even MORE.... than my "Road Glide" does! LOL
PS.....if you can not be a Respectful Gentlemen....then at least "try", to be Nice!

May be..... the moderators.....thought that it was a little bit to Sexy or Racy?
But......come on......this is, a Harley site....is it not? lol
I saw in a pic one time of a girl with double D's wearing a t-shirt that said "I wish these were brains"

OMG... I think this whole thread with "Hot Harley Girl" is enough for me to cut my connection to Who is riding..... I've never read a dumber post (look at the rest of her post on the whole site in different rooms, shes a ding bat) Secondly, is "Hot Harley Girl" a self proclaimed nickname or is that what everybody calls you? I was thinking about calling myself Hot Harley Guy, or HandsomeMcHandsome, or maybe Pogi (means handsome in Filipino). I will try not to use "LOL, lol" as many times as you do in my post! You should also be glad that they were only $250.00 Oakleys and not $300.00 Revos. I agree with the other post by Iron Horseman, who goes out and drops that much money on a bike without knowing what your getting into? It's only a good deal if you like it or can sell it for more, and since you don't know anything about it I can only guess you don't know what it's worth! Are you going to be one of those people on e bay that buys a bike and then turns around and uses the same pics of the bike as the orginal seller, and trys to sell it for $4000.00 more then what you paid for it. Only to find that no one is going to buy it for that much! I know you did not get it on e bay... just an example. Anyway, I've noticed in all your comments you use the words "MY" "I" "MINE" etc. then in the same comment "ours" "we", you need to get your story straight! In other post around the board she speaks of lowering it, removing the stripe and so on. Come on guys... wise up to Hot Harley Girl, she's yanking our chain! I'm thinking that Hot Harley Girl is not even a girl at all, it's a dude!
Dude, have a beer or something. Maybe smoke a J. Your blood pressure has got to be whack. Peace.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
mnclassic
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought my first Harley, 2012 Electra Glide Classic, and touring bike last Saturday and have 350 miles on her so far. Moved up from a Yamaha 950 Tourer, which is a great bike on flat roads but didn't really cut it riding through the mountains on my trip to Reno this year. The ergonomics are very similar to the 950, the additional 200 lbs seems to be manageable for now and the higher seat height isn't a problem since I can still flat-foot when stopped. Still surprises me that the Glide has a shorter wheelbase than the 950 by more than 2".

Quick Reply: Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?