Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Iron_Horseman_Calgary
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, Hot Harley Girl. You're right, my post was over the top with accusation and the ****in the pool comment was uncalled for and rude (darn, got to restore the peaceful, polite Canadian reputation with my American Harley Riding friends). Time to grab a Timmy's Ice Cap and watch 3 down football. Wait,. . . . . . . . . on second thought I'm going for a ride!
P.S. I love your beautiful city

Last edited by Iron_Horseman_Calgary; 09-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 AM
luderacer2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it has been 3 weeks and 350 miles, im in love

Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Quiet56
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Harley Girl
Hey Tim,
Out of the two replies, yours is the only sensible one, to date.
I find it rather entertaining that my comments, would create such a stir! lol
I am just pointing out the facts, about the "ROAD GLIDE" itself.
I am sorry, if my comments go against the Grain or are not in line with some of the "Golly Gee" isn't the Road Glide just SWELL Beav impressions that it leaves a lot of you with!
I am just speaking from my "own" views of the ROAD GLIDE.
Some ....seem to have a problem with that? lol
Some of the Childish comments directed this way, reflect the profile pictures and the words of their own authors.
As they say....a Picture speaks a Thousand words!
In their case....that phrase appears to be, so True.
Once again guys, I am not here to Praise or give False credit to a Bike, that does not deserve it, in my own eyes.
If you happen to Love your Road Glide, that is Great for "YOU".
I on the other hand, have found nothing really worth while, to Love about "My"...... "ROAD GLIDE".
Different strokes for different Folks!
Speaking of that, just because I happen to live in Vancouver, that does not require me, to be a Canuck Fan either!
The Canucks ....SUCK....even MORE.... than my "Road Glide" does! LOL
PS.....if you can not be a Respectful Gentlemen....then at least "try", to be Nice!
Thanks for chuckle. It brightens up a boring day. Gotta love a woman with spunk!!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Timbo200
Novice

Originally Posted by V-Man
What was your fix, if you don't mind sharing?
I installed a clear 10.5" Slipstreamer Electra Glide Replacement screen. I installed the fork baffle as well. Gave around $25 for the baffle (which does very little), $45 for the screen on Amazon.com. The screen made a lot of difference but did not totally eliminate the buffeting. I do have to add that the faster you go, the better it gets with the tall screen. There is actually less buffeting at 70 mph than at 60 mph. A full faced helmet helps, too. The tall clear screen DOES hurt the looks of the bike IMO.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Timbo200
Novice

Originally Posted by Larry Jeffords
I took delivery of my first HD bike (a 2012 UC) July 12th, 2012 at 10:00am. I already have 2300 miles on it and spent most of it riding with my wife on the back - something we couldn't do comfortably on the old VTX. I could not be happier with the bike, the ride and the quality time we now share. Just do it...
I traded my VTX 1300C in on my Street Glide. I am alot happier now. I agree, the VTX just isn't capable of the comfortable ride of a Touring model.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:34 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had my 2013 Road Glide for 4 weeks now, first tourer. Came off a Fatboy Lo---just couldn't take the harsh ride any longer, neck issues.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
roadrash2012
Intermediate

Brought my 2013 streetglide home yesterday. With 0 miles now has 215 on it. Can't get off it.can't believe the power stock compared to my 09 fatbob love it. This is my first touring gonna take a bit to get used to...

Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok , I dont like the touring models and wont brag on them , too big too heavy and dont handle well when riding two up in the hills or mountains , take my old heritage any day over the Limited as far as handling in town, I do understand that every bike isnt for every rider so when I see the right opportunity the big bike is gone and back to a softail .

Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
V-Man
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timbo200
I installed a clear 10.5" Slipstreamer Electra Glide Replacement screen. I installed the fork baffle as well. Gave around $25 for the baffle (which does very little), $45 for the screen on Amazon.com. The screen made a lot of difference but did not totally eliminate the buffeting. I do have to add that the faster you go, the better it gets with the tall screen. There is actually less buffeting at 70 mph than at 60 mph. A full faced helmet helps, too. The tall clear screen DOES hurt the looks of the bike IMO.
Thanks. Yeah - that's my issue with it for right now, too, but might have to sacrifice some looks for better comfort. You didn't try those fairing wings, right?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Timbo200
Novice

No, I haven't given them a shot yet. My hope is that they will allow me to go back to the stock windscreen.

Quick Reply: Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?