Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
fastwalkin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my first Harley 2010 Ultra Limited in October 2009...lovin it more every day..took a little bit getting used to the 850 + pounds compared to riding Triumph/BSA/Honda/norton back in my younger years...always have a smile taking off down the road...

Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Cody Pereira
Advanced

Just bought my first Touring bike; 89' Electra Glide. Been riding bikes for as long as I can remember, with being only 20 y/o buying a touring bike is a change of pace, love the look, love the ride!

Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Walkafire
6th Gear
Default First Touring- 2002 Electra Glide Classic FI

Never thought I would enjoy this ride as much as I do!
Had this FLSTCI for about 4 weeks and I am creeping up on 4,000 miles!
I traded (yes traded) my 04 FatBoy in on this, had to pay 1500 bucks.
This Electra Glide handles the Mts. here in CO way better than the Softtail.

WALK

Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Hot Harley Girl
Novice
Default ???

Originally Posted by Iron_Horseman_Calgary
You DID buy one! (supposedly). I guess Hot Harley Girl has never heard of the Harley "Test Our Metal" Demo rides that Harley provides to help you with your purchase decision.
When people are ecstatically happy with something (like their Harley touring bikes or Harleys in general) there is always someone who wants to "**** in that pool". It seems to be human nature that some people can't stand it when others are enjoying life more than them. My Electra Glide Classic has 46,000km on it already and I've enjoyed every one of them (excellent bike!). I've ridden all the other Harley touring bikes at the Demo Rides and have found them all to be great bikes.
Iron Horseman.....you are welcome to "your" own opinion, as much as I am.
If...... everyone Loved the same Bike.....Harley would be making just the one Model of Bike.
So having said that.....I notice that you own an Electra Glide Classic?
Gee......if the Road Glide is such a Great Bike.....why then?...do you not have one yourself?
I am in no means, trying to **** in any Pool, as you so put it, using your own Calgary vocabulary.
We are all entitled to have our own views and opinions, regardless of what YOU might think......that is the beauty of Forums, in general.
I am not into going out for just "Joy Rides", on someone else's Buck...as so many people do.....when Harley holds their Demo Days.
Yes.......I would have loved to have taken out a Road Glide and a Street Glide for a WEEKEND......to see.....just what the difference is, between the two bikes.
Going out for a Few Minutes on a Demo Day......is a waste of a Good Day.
I bought my Road Glide.......sight unseen......just because.....it came up Suddenly, in a Divorce settlement.
I got a screaming deal on it......and could not turn my back on it.
My theory was at the time.....to ride it for the rest of our Riding season...and then Sell it, in the Spring.....if.....I did not like it.
Well......."I" do not like it for all the reasons that I previously stated.
You seem to have a problem , with me or anyone...saying anything negative.....about the Bike....that "I" happen to own?
It is my Bike....and if I want to point out the things that I do not like about it.......who are YOU?......to suggest, that I am just Peeing in some ones Pool?
You happen to ride a Bike......with a Bat Wing Fairing on it!
So......what makes you an authority on "MY" own Bike......and what I should b THRILLED to own?
Just because I own it and I ride it.....is no reason that I am required to Love it!
The FIXED Fairing really SUCKS!
That is my OWN Opinion.....take it, for what it is worth!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy shat Harley Girl, ... is not the same as a period. My eyes can't even begin to follow that post.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Quiet56
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Harley Girl
Iron Horseman.....you are welcome to "your" own opinion, as much as I am.
If...... everyone Loved the same Bike.....Harley would be making just the one Model of Bike.
So having said that.....I notice that you own an Electra Glide Classic?
Gee......if the Road Glide is such a Great Bike.....why then?...do you not have one yourself?
I am in no means, trying to **** in any Pool, as you so put it, using your own Calgary vocabulary.
We are all entitled to have our own views and opinions, regardless of what YOU might think......that is the beauty of Forums, in general.
I am not into going out for just "Joy Rides", on someone else's Buck...as so many people do.....when Harley holds their Demo Days.
Yes.......I would have loved to have taken out a Road Glide and a Street Glide for a WEEKEND......to see.....just what the difference is, between the two bikes.
Going out for a Few Minutes on a Demo Day......is a waste of a Good Day.
I bought my Road Glide.......sight unseen......just because.....it came up Suddenly, in a Divorce settlement.
I got a screaming deal on it......and could not turn my back on it.
My theory was at the time.....to ride it for the rest of our Riding season...and then Sell it, in the Spring.....if.....I did not like it.
Well......."I" do not like it for all the reasons that I previously stated.
You seem to have a problem , with me or anyone...saying anything negative.....about the Bike....that "I" happen to own?
It is my Bike....and if I want to point out the things that I do not like about it.......who are YOU?......to suggest, that I am just Peeing in some ones Pool?
You happen to ride a Bike......with a Bat Wing Fairing on it!
So......what makes you an authority on "MY" own Bike......and what I should b THRILLED to own?
Just because I own it and I ride it.....is no reason that I am required to Love it!
The FIXED Fairing really SUCKS!
That is my OWN Opinion.....take it, for what it is worth!
I guess when Canucks get into a pissing contest we should be munching Tim Hortons instead of popcorn???

Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Quiet56
I guess when Canucks get into a pissing contest we should be munching Tim Hortons instead of popcorn???
Maybe munch on some Dill Pickle chips, or Ketchup chips too! This'll all be over a few kilometers down the road.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Timbo200
Novice

I guess Hot Harley Girl has a right to complain if she wants. I don't see what good it does to complain in this particular thread, but oh well.... I test rode 2 FLHX's before I bought mine. I knew buffeting was a problem above 50 mph. I also have cured about 80% of the buffeting for around $70!

Last edited by Timbo200; 09-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by Timbo200
I guess Hot Harley Girl has a right to complain if she wants. I don't see what good it does to complain in this particular thread, but oh well.... I test rode 2 FLHX's before I bought mine. I knew buffeting was a problem above 50 mph. I also have cured about 80% of the buffeting for around $70, too!
What was your fix, if you don't mind sharing?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Hot Harley Girl
Novice

Originally Posted by Timbo200
I guess Hot Harley Girl has a right to complain if she wants. I don't see what good it does to complain in this particular thread, but oh well.... I test rode 2 FLHX's before I bought mine. I knew buffeting was a problem above 50 mph. I also have cured about 80% of the buffeting for around $70, too!
Hey Tim,
Out of the two replies, yours is the only sensible one, to date.
I find it rather entertaining that my comments, would create such a stir! lol
I am just pointing out the facts, about the "ROAD GLIDE" itself.
I am sorry, if my comments go against the Grain or are not in line with some of the "Golly Gee" isn't the Road Glide just SWELL Beav impressions that it leaves a lot of you with!
I am just speaking from my "own" views of the ROAD GLIDE.
Some ....seem to have a problem with that? lol
Some of the Childish comments directed this way, reflect the profile pictures and the words of their own authors.
As they say....a Picture speaks a Thousand words!
In their case....that phrase appears to be, so True.
Once again guys, I am not here to Praise or give False credit to a Bike, that does not deserve it, in my own eyes.
If you happen to Love your Road Glide, that is Great for "YOU".
I on the other hand, have found nothing really worth while, to Love about "My"...... "ROAD GLIDE".
Different strokes for different Folks!
Speaking of that, just because I happen to live in Vancouver, that does not require me, to be a Canuck Fan either!
The Canucks ....SUCK....even MORE.... than my "Road Glide" does! LOL
PS.....if you can not be a Respectful Gentlemen....then at least "try", to be Nice!

Quick Reply: Who is riding Touring Harley for the first time?