Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking For An AMP

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:21 AM
ZookHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking For An AMP

I'm not knocking the pyrimid at all. Just stating my opinion and what I found to work nicely. I have an amp similar to yours (a powered EQ) in my police bike (dont tell the department) and I find that I like the sound of the Eclipse better. We have a lot in common. My dad retired from JBL as VP of engineering. He and taught my alot about acoustics and electronics. If you like it, its your bike and your ears and what you like is best for you. Just providing options. ZOOK

Old 08-18-2006, 06:22 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Thats cool Zook-

Prior to actually buying the Pyramid, I consulted the forums for opinions on whether or not it would work in the fairing. No one had tried it; but a few high end audio buffs and one guy who sells Hawg Tunes products told me how shitty and distorted it would sound. Since I grew up in the 80's prior to the MOSFET amplifier revolution, I remember when everyone was running these type of booster/eq's in their cars. At the time, I thought they sounded fine in a car, so I assumed it would serve the purpose perfectly in the noisy, open road conditions on a motorcycle. I was right. My only concern since first powering it up, was whether it would overheat inside the cramped space of the fairing and/or blow fuses. I have not had a problem with either.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Thats cool Zook-

Prior to actually buying the Pyramid, I consulted the forums for opinions on whether or not it would work in the fairing. No one had tried it; but a few high end audio buffs and one guy who sells Hawg Tunes products told me how shitty and distorted it would sound. Since I grew up in the 80's prior to the MOSFET amplifier revolution, I remember when everyone was running these type of booster/eq's in their cars. At the time, I thought they sounded fine in a car, so I assumed it would serve the purpose perfectly in the noisy, open road conditions on a motorcycle. I was right. My only concern since first powering it up, was whether it would overheat inside the cramped space of the fairing and/or blow fuses. I have not had a problem with either.
Thank god you grew up in the 80s and not the 70s, if you did you would probably try to jam a tube amp in there!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM
BAGTHIS
Advanced

Hey, there is one of those Eclipse amps on e-bay right now. i went another route otherwise i would scoop it up myself!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:21 AM
crashnburn70819
2nd Gear

I went with the Bazooka kit and it sounds awesome and fit under the fairing good luck http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/hdinstruct_rev1.pdf