Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't EVER, I mean EVER put a windshield on your bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010 | 01:00 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by weezo
Wow! Four pages and no one's said it yet!

What a bunch of pu$$ies!!!
+1!!

So I have a windshield for my Fatboy that's been on the bike a couple of times. I much prefer to ride without it. The Ultra - that's another story.

Old 05-28-2010 | 01:29 AM
joslinj
Advanced

I said I would never get a windshield cause the looked too "old man", but I sold my 03 FXST and bought a 09 FLHT because the wife and I ride two-up so often and now I dnt feel beat to hell after a ride. One thing I also noticed was that I "ALWAYS" have cold hands when I ride, could be 75 out, dsnt matter what gloves I buy...still cold but now I ride when it is 37 out and because my hands are tucked behind the batwing they hardly ever feel cold. I guess I might look "old man" riding but when I get off I dnt walk liek im an old man.

Old 05-28-2010 | 10:28 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Yup. I'd rather the bugs and whatever hit the windshield than me.

Old 05-28-2010 | 11:28 AM
bob46371
Cruiser

2009 FLHRC Vivid Black

One of the main reasons I chose a King was the removable windshield. For long highway runs the windshield goes on the rest of the time it stays off " I know why dogs hang their head out of the window"

Old 05-28-2010 | 11:28 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by vistavette
I don't know how guys ride day in and day out without one. Just the rocks and bugs alone are enough not to mention the fatigue of a few hundred miles of riding. I do admit though that I really want another bike to ride other than my Ultra. A family member has a Buell and I just love the open feeling.
road glide baby!!! the best of both worlds, windshield for protection, but the fairing is far enough way to give you that 'open feeling'....

Old 05-28-2010 | 11:47 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by weezo
Wow! Four pages and no one's said it yet!

What a bunch of pu$$ies!!!

I have one of those....

And I have a windshield and I love it.

And I personally think the red mistress looks hot all dressed up. I ride her a lot. Just got back from a trip DC to white Mts in NH and back (about 1400 miles by time I returned). I would not want to do that without a windshield esp cruising up 95.

Her she is with luggage on her back at the top of kangamangus highway

and what she looks like daily (well now she has chrome highway pegs)

Old 05-28-2010 | 12:20 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior

The White mountains are awesome to see, the Kancamungus is awesome to ride!!!

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:28 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

I've been riding for 35 years and never had a windshield on any bike until I bought my Wide Glide. It had a detachable on it and although I didn't really like the look, I kept it on just to see what it was like. That was it - took it off a couple of times after that and felt like I was trying to hang on with the wind blasting on my chest. Yeah, definately spoiled. Funny thing though: when I got my Ultra, I hated the stock shield and got a short tinted one from LRS so I could look over the top. It comes to around my chin/mouth and I love it. I like the wind around my face, just don't like the feeling of riding in a wind tunnel.

Don't know how I did it all those years. Oh yeah, I was young...

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:58 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

This is the first bike i have ever had that had a windshield, No bugs, No rocks, the ride is 100% more enjoyable...I dont care if that makes me a Pu$$y, it just makes the Smarter Pu$$y.

Old 05-28-2010 | 04:10 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior

I stepped up to a King, have not regretted it, used to drop the shield for in-town and short rides then opted for a DCC fairing, have not looked back and it has only been off a time or two; may make the next step to a Ultra for a replacement to the King.

Quick Reply: Don't EVER, I mean EVER put a windshield on your bike