Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scala rider headset,,anyone use one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scala rider headset,,anyone use one?

I ride a roadking. I am thinking of getting this for me and my passenger to communicate, listen to mp3 or fm radio. Question: how do the preform. how do they sound. do they help any with wind noise?
thanks for the input

Old 05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
mrbadlands
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 07fatboycustom
I ride a roadking. I am thinking of getting this for me and my passenger to communicate, listen to mp3 or fm radio. Question: how do the preform. how do they sound. do they help any with wind noise?
thanks for the input
I have one and am very happy with it. It has enough volume that I do not turn it up all the way. The only time I have static is in the FM mode and when I am on the "fringe" of a station. Speaking of the FM.. It has better than I expected range, but it is not as good as your cage would be.

You have a PM also

Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
RoadKing Warrior
Intermediate

I have the Cardo Scala Q2 and really like it.

I also have a Road King and ride both with a Dead Center Cycle fairing and without.

I paired via BT with my cell phone and haven't a problem with talking, hearing or having people hear me.

I've also use it on full-face and half helmets.

Highly recommend it. Although I think Cardo has an even newer version.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
jward
Tourer

great communication set...

Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I have a Q2 that my brother and I use all the time when we ride. They work flawlessly and sound great. Battery life is awesome too. I highly recommend a Scala Rider.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced

+1 on scala q2, however the new and supposedly improved G4 is now available, albeit more pricey. when i call people on my headset (via bluetooth) they can't believe i am doin 65 on a motorcycle. great noise cancelling.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM
PhatTerry
Banned

G4 is a great unit and can answer most any question you have as I personally use it. Feel free to email me or call me. We have them up on the site at killer prices if you're looking for a place to purchase.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
rde
Road Captain

I ride solo most of the time, but became interested in the stereo bluetooth features and FM radio on the G4. I also ride a Road King-on road trips I thought I might like a little background music. I have never liked fairings, but this seemed to be what I was looking for. I wear a full face when touring.

It paired easily to my iPhone without a hitch. I installed the stereo speakers inside my Shoei RF-1000. I have not used it for intercom communications but from my experience I would suspect it does a very good job.

I have been very pleased with the sound which is more than adequate at highway speeds. The FM does well but can't be compared to your car FM stereo.
I have received phone calls while going 70 mph and the reception is quite good on both ends.

Overall I think it is a solid product. I also like the idea that you can download firmware updates ( a 32 bit upgrade is out now, I am waiting for the 64 bit version out soon). The battery charge easily will last the whole day. It is a bit pricey, but so far I have no complaints. If you do get one be sure to inactivate the audio prompt from your phone when you get an IM. It is annoying to be riding along and hear the IM reminder from your phone every 5-10 minutes and there is no way to inactivate it from the G4.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife bought my the rider/passenger one for Christmas and as long as she ride no more than 30 feet behind me,we can also use it when she is on her own bike too.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM
TexasGrad83
Intermediate

I have the Q2, and it is very nice. My wife called me the other day while I was cruising at 65 mph, and she couldn't believe I was out riding. You won't be disappointed...

Quick Reply: scala rider headset,,anyone use one?