Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB 7 TD vs BUB 7 TDX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUB 7 TD vs BUB 7 TDX?

My understanding is the TDX utilizes the same under the bike exhaust style as the factory pipes and uses slipons. My question is does it match the performance of the True Duals that run under the passengers left leg?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know specifically the torque and horsepower numbers of each, but I can say with confidence that with any true dual system you are going to lose some low end torque. The 2-1 or 2-1-2 systems provide better low end torque, but the 2-2 systems provide higher top end horsepower. I'd rather gain low end torque than top end horespower. I don't care how fast it can go, I just care about quickly I can make it go fast. For that reason I have a 2-1.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beach Bagger
Don't know specifically the torque and horsepower numbers of each, but I can say with confidence that with any true dual system you are going to lose some low end torque. The 2-1 or 2-1-2 systems provide better low end torque, but the 2-2 systems provide higher top end horsepower. I'd rather gain low end torque than top end horespower. I don't care how fast it can go, I just care about quickly I can make it go fast. For that reason I have a 2-1.
Ty for the insight...Whats the 2-1-2? Is that a 2-1 with a dummy pipe?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the Bub TDs on my bike. I think the performance from the TD or the TDX is going to be very similar. The one thing I will tell you is that with my TDs I cannot pull my clutch side access panel very easily. Makes cleaning really difficult. If you don't mind the look of the TDX, and are ok with the 2 pipes on 1 side, I would encourage you to consider the TDX over the TDs. If I did it again, I would go tdx.

I love my Bub TDs. Everyone says you loose power with TDs. I am still able to ride with the same friends, I am still able to keep up, the only issue I have now is that I am at the back of the group. But I am not there because of the loss of power with TDs. The Bubs are deep and fairly loud pipes....

If you are looking to add AT to your pipes, the 2010 TDs have the small sensor and you may want to look at the 2009 models instead.

Good luck with your choice.