Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins vs. Stocker Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

My internet connection failed until now when I was still typing a message after my above post. For anyone who is interested please read the whole post carefully and visit the statements '05Train fabricated as my own. You can now decide for yourself. I tell the truth, I am a man of my word and do not wish to be involved with those who have problems with honesty.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, that post turned into a double flusher. I think I am going to have to find a way to borrow or rent some demo shocks. I'm not buying anything or taking any chances on something sight unseen.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propbably Cheaper Than Renting

Originally Posted by atrain68
Well, that post turned into a double flusher. I think I am going to have to find a way to borrow or rent some demo shocks. I'm not buying anything or taking any chances on something sight unseen.
Atrain68
You may find someone who would let you borrow their shocks to test but I am not aware of anyone who rents them for testing. RICOR will however let you return them for a full refund (less shipping) if you are not satisfied with them within 30 days. Probably less than you could rent them for if you did find a manufacture or distributor who rented shocks. No real risk if you want to have us build a set for you to your specifications. We gurantee you will be happy with them and will help you dial them in with a free respring and or different tune also if needed.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm only gonna say this once and I'm not gonna delete or remove any of the above posts. If you have a problem with a Sponsor or Vendor on HDF then you need to take it to PM's (in a polite manner) or pm Admin or a Moderator. Slamming a Sponsor on the open forum is a Rule Violation and it will end up getting you banned. The Sponsors pay the bills here and make it a "Free Site."

Rule #15 Do not bash our Sponsors on the open forum. Remember this is a free forum and they pay the bills. Have the decency to contact them by pm, email or telephone if you have a problem. You can also contact Admin here if you feel that one of our sponsors is out of line.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
FLTRKER
Cruiser
Default Ohlins

I bought the #3-#3 from Howard- installed them improperly with some spacers that were not needed. That caused the shocks to not work properly. I was removing them from the bike to send em back and noticed that they were in a bind. I called Howard and he said send em back. Before that, I reinstalled em properly but they were better but the spring was too soft. (if you are over 190lbs - don't get the black spring- get a yellow. I did the testing with checking if I was bottoming out- I was- I sent em back-(my shipping cost) and he put the proper spring on (yellow) then when I got them back I spent about 4 hrs adjusting and measuring to get the smoothest ride I have ever had on this 09 Road King. It is 50% better than the stock air shocks. Which is pretty nice-. The problem with stock is only air adjusting- the ohlins have 3 ways to adjust.
I am lucky- I live on a bumpy road and get a feel for how they work real fast.
In the meantime I drained the 5wt oil out of the air shocks and installed 7wt. that improved the air shocks consideralbly.
Get the Ohlins- Howard is okay to work with- he does waht he says and stands behind his product. on the other hand.
But don't get a mustang seat.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry1955
Rule #15 Do not bash our Sponsors on the open forum.
Please define "bashing." If a potential buyer starts a thread asking about a sponsor's product and another member wants to report a problem he had with either the vendor or his product, is he in violation if he replies in a truthful way? For example, let's turn my situation around. If someone asked about Progressive vs. Ohlins with Motorcycle Metal being a sponsor, and I reported that Progressive shocks were much better, would I be in violation if I reported my experiences? I can imagine a line between bashing and a negative but truthful report, but where is that line?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:41 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Please define "bashing." If a potential buyer starts a thread asking about a sponsor's product and another member wants to report a problem he had with either the vendor or his product, is he in violation if he replies in a truthful way? For example, let's turn my situation around. If someone asked about Progressive vs. Ohlins with Motorcycle Metal being a sponsor, and I reported that Progressive shocks were much better, would I be in violation if I reported my experiences? I can imagine a line between bashing and a negative but truthful report, but where is that line?
iClick, I appreciate the question, but I'd just assume to let the thread die, or have Terry delete it. I'm completely turned off by the whole exchange. It's a two way street. The vendor and the customer should have taken this offline.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
1uglybob
Advanced

howard took care of me ,i have a 06 street glide that rode like a lumber truck,now its like riding a new bike,worth every penny i spent,thank you howard! dont waste your money on anything but ohlins

Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
iClick, I appreciate the question, but I'd just assume to let the thread die, or have Terry delete it. I'm completely turned off by the whole exchange. It's a two way street. The vendor and the customer should have taken this offline.
Yeah, this thread got out of control as sometimes happens. You asked a legitimate question that deserves constructive opinions from those of us who own one of the brands in question. OTOH something as subjective as ride-quality is bound to elicit different opinions especially when some of us weigh 170# and ride only solo while others weigh much more and mostly ride 2-up. Apples and oranges, and I don't know how you'll get an answer that would conclude that one or the other is best for you and your riding style.

All that said, for general reference I'd still like to know the definition of "bashing" a vendor and/or his product. I guess I haven't done it yet since I haven't been warned.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry1955
I'm only gonna say this once and I'm not gonna delete or remove any of the above posts. If you have a problem with a Sponsor or Vendor on HDF then you need to take it to PM's (in a polite manner) or pm Admin or a Moderator. Slamming a Sponsor on the open forum is a Rule Violation and it will end up getting you banned. The Sponsors pay the bills here and make it a "Free Site."

Rule #15 Do not bash our Sponsors on the open forum. Remember this is a free forum and they pay the bills. Have the decency to contact them by pm, email or telephone if you have a problem. You can also contact Admin here if you feel that one of our sponsors is out of line.
Please clarify this Terry. 'Cause I'm looking at this:

2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

In this thread alone, Howard violated this in calling both ondae (Dave) and I liars, and he told Dave to "conduct himself like a man." In fact, in nearly every suspension thread in here, anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with Howard is insulted and taunted (look at the thread BoomerBob started).

But since you brought up Rule 15 as well, in the thread that Howard linked, he trashed Progressive, which is also a site sponsor.

Unless I misunderstand the rules, sponsoring this site doesn't give any vendor the right to browbeat everyone who doesn't agree with everything they say, or who isn't 100% satisfied with their product and/or service.

Last edited by '05Train; 05-20-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Ohlins vs. Stocker Shocks