Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxillary Lights-Yellow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I put the amber DRLs in my Avalanche right after I got it. I've also recently added yellow HIDS for the fogs. It's pretty easy to see my truck coming regardless of the weather. Now if I could only add HID fogs to my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Auxillary Lights-Yellow?-hid-fogs.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 AM
jimd3246
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replys. This will be my next mod!!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
I put the amber DRLs in my Avalanche right after I got it.
Me thinks I detect a fellow CAFCNA member.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer
Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 793 Likes on 386 Posts

I've been thinking about this also. I'm glad this topic came up. Lots of nice options here.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
Me thinks I detect a fellow CAFCNA member.
Kinda LOL. I don't know if I'm banned there or not. Havn't logged in since last fall. The upper staff there isn't too fond of staff members from other clubs. They think we're out to steal their members and advertising dollars as I was told by one of their RC's. It's all good though. Great to see another familiar name on here. Hope your modding is going well.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Kinda LOL. I don't know if I'm banned there or not. Havn't logged in since last fall. The upper staff there isn't too fond of staff members from other clubs. They think we're out to steal their members and advertising dollars as I was told by one of their RC's. It's all good though. Great to see another familiar name on here. Hope your modding is going well.
I know what you mean. Really haven't been on there myself for a long time due to all the politics going on. Not as good as it used to be like back in the day's when we had the GTG's in Huntsville, Bowling Green or Nashville.
As for the modding well you can guess where all my mod money has been going to lately

We now return you to your regular scheduled thread.

Back on topic.
I've been thinking about this also. Anything to help be more visible during the day is a good thing.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Got shipping confirmation today. I should have mine on Thursday which means you can expect pix on Fri. I'm working afternoons this week so they'll show up while I'm at work.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Got shipping confirmation today. I should have mine on Thursday which means you can expect pix on Fri. I'm working afternoons this week so they'll show up while I'm at work.
It's Friday

Before

After

I had to mod the new bulbs a little to accept my spade connectors. It was either that or cut the plugs and put ring connectors on the wires and who wants to play with those dang wires while trying to hold a light bulb in your hand.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:32 AM
jimd3246
Cruiser

So, when I started this thread, I wasn't all that sure that this modification was gonna work for me. As i read the replies, it sounded better and better to me, so now that I completed it and had input from several buds as to the results, I'm thinking it is gonna turn out to be one of the best changes I've made!! Now, with a BadA$$ at the rear and the ambers in the front, don't see how I can be missed, comin' or goin! Thanks again, all.

Quick Reply: Auxillary Lights-Yellow?