Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Engine heat

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:14 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
You 2 keep talking like this and the fuel pack I just took off my '07 won't be worth in the cassifieds!! LOL!!

PSSSST, its not!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 PM
pauletich
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I have decided to get a stage 1 kit (just the pipes and air filter). Can anyone recommned decent pipes (not wanting to spen a bunch of $$$ "famous lst words, didnt want to upgrade at all") I want the pipe to be radio friendly, maybe a little louder than stock. I was also going to go with the K&N filter. I dont want to do any tuning yet, I will run the FuelPak and see how it goes.
Thanks,

Old 05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

hey pauletich, dont do it without a tuner it will be stupid hot heat is the #1killer of air cooled motors.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I use a SE race tuner to richen my bike up, a set of RJ Originals heat shields, and this last winter I ceramic coated the exhaust system and this combo makes the bike feel like my Sportster (way cooler).
The ceramic coating made a larger difference in felt heat than the other 2 put together.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
fxdxruss
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello in response to your hot 07 . I have 07 ultra used w/8k bought last september holy cow was that bike hot and lots of pinging. Took back to dealer and they did do flash ecm still ran hot no pinging! I read as much as I could and having extended warrenty and not wanting grief the route I too was.
1 k&n air filter
2 supertrapp exhaust
3 got harley to flash for the stage one
4 oil coller
5 xied to change the afr

Milage is around 39mpg combined driving. I have gotten 41-42 mpg crusing constant on the hwy bike definitely runs better and cooler how much I will know this summer. I know that tuning is the way to go just out of my reach now and would rather avoid grief from HD.

Russ

Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

with the power commander u can remove it in about 5 minutes then take the bike in to the dealer, then no warrenty issues.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I ran a fuelpak for a year on an '07 103. Stage I air cleaner, Screamin Eagle 98b slip ons, happy bike and happy biker. Bought it used off the classifieds, sold it a year later for almost what I paid for it. I'd still have the fuelpak, except that I'm putting in cams, and V&H hasn't yet gotten wise that lots of their customers want something beyond stage I. It also goes on and off in a couple of minutes, similar to the power commander.

Having said that, if you can pick one up used, it's cheaper than a download, it will take care of your stage I fuel needs, and you can always sell it later when you move into stage II or beyond. Used, they can be had for around 100 bucks on the forum, maybe 150 or so on ebay. I probably wouldn't buy one new. I went to PCV+autotune this year. Still running on stock cams, my bike is running no better with the PC, and my fuel mileage has gone significantly down. I'm still learning how to use the autotune, and will be going to a different map once I get the cams in. Maybe then I'll get the mileage straightened out. Cams this week, then next weekend to play with the fuel mapping.

pauletich, don't worry too much about all the bashing of the fuelpak on the forum. Many of the guys who are so critical of it have never owned or used one. They're better than the 3 pot tuners, and way better than a stage I download. Not quite as good as a power commander, and not nearly as good as a SERT/TTS/SEPST with a dyno tune. However, for many stage I applications, they work very well. Put the stage I air cleaner on, and your bike will run leaner, and hotter unless you add fuel. The fp will add fuel to your bike, making it run much cooler.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I went to PCV+autotune this year. Still running on stock cams, my bike is running no better with the PC, and my fuel mileage has gone significantly down. I'm still learning how to use the autotune, and will be going to a different map once I get the cams in. Maybe then I'll get the mileage straightened out. Cams this week, then next weekend to play with the fuel mapping.
The PCV-AT will tune your bike as well as any tuner if the right Target AFR values are provided. If you got your PCV-AT from Fuel Moto you should have correct targets already installed for 40% TP and above. FM tunes for performance and cooling as the primary priority, but you can have mileage, cooling, and performance by installing a map switch. I did a write-up on this process here. You should be able to get your mileage up in the cruise-range as long as you can keep your wrist out of the throttle, as using my procedure the AFR's from 40% and up have not changed in the interest of maintaining the best performance level at roll-on.