Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-stream came back in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im really surprised to read some of these posts. Matt at LRS has been Amazing to work with and without getting into too much detail has hooked me up more than once.

He has been very reasonable and worked with me even when I made a mistake placing an order.

I have the X Stream, Couple of Classics and the Ultra and I plan on buying more in different heights for different types of riding.

1 time he forgot to ship out something he told me he would and when I called to check on it he apologized and got it out that day.

Great Company, Returns all my calls, Returns all my e mails.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Well Alistair emailed me and asked me to send them to a different address. I replied sure, no problem... but this time you pay for shipping because I sent them once and they were returned because you closed the P O Box.
I am not going to pay to send them back a second time.
I'll post his reply... if I get one.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well since its been almost two weeks from Long Ride Shields since I have not gotten a phone call or email from them I decided to at least mount the better of the two windshields they sent me to see how they worked even though I am not happy with the quality or lack of quality that I received after which I will reinstall my Clearview shield. I figure what the heck I am out the money either way and will not in the furture work with this company. I will send the second shield back to them if they respond and give me a return shipping covered but I guess I will have to wait and see if I even get a response back from the company.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 AM
No Tyme
Tourer

The return address that Alistair gave me comes up as a company called:

Quality Plastics
1685 Industrial Way
Sparks, NV

http://www.qualityplastics.com/

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i emailed back and forth with LRS today, and ordered an ultra dark smoke 7", as it fits the bill for what i want. the emails were fast, informative and courteous.

i will let you know how the rest of the transaction goes.

i usually don't drift towards a company when i hear negatives, but felt through information that i got from others that this was the shield to get. we'll see. it will get an 8000+ mile workout in june.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

Matt seem very prompt on returning emails and the Classic Flip that I am using is a good shield... I suspect that Matt may no longer be there because someone else is answering his emails... Maybe a call to Guy Gardner, CEO of Quality Plastics will shed some light on the subject?

Also, 48 hours and no reply from Alistair on the return shipping cost!

Last edited by No Tyme; 05-19-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: addition info
Old 05-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is going to sound weird..and possibly a totally foreign concept..

But, could this not be solved the old fashioned way... via telephone and human speech... instead of feeding innuendo and all kinds of weird stuff ??

It might go like this:

--- Hello windshield company, can I help you?

--- Yes, you can.
I have returned your shields under the RA number you gave me, but they came back to me because the mailbox was closed. Now, they are not charged to me, and I have not paid you any money for them. You sent them to me as a tester. I'm fulfilling my end of the deal by returning them. I've got about $30 invested in shipping, and that's ok by me. It was part of the deal, but now that they are back on my doorstep, I need to do something different.
Here's what I'd like to do...
They are not mine, I have kept the one I like.
So I'd like you to just send me a couple of pre-paid labels back to you and I'll drop them off at the shipping office, or call them for pickup when they are ready.

--- Yes Sir. We can do that.. Let me take down some info.....

Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mr Cujo
I know this is going to sound weird..and possibly a totally foreign concept..

But, could this not be solved the old fashioned way... via telephone and human speech... instead of feeding innuendo and all kinds of weird stuff ??
You know, I have been waiting for someone to bring this up... and for the most part I guess you state a valid point:
However, I have never talked to anyone at LRS; my only way of communication from the start has been via emails... My payment was done electronically and I have been sending my emails to the same email address since the beginning. I am a bit suspicious when someone else answer's emails for someone that I have communicated with in recent days, and since the address has supposedly change (this coming from someone that I have never spoke with or emailed with) makes me even more suspicious.
I don't know what has happened nor do I care, other than the fact that I feel I have kept up my end of the bargain and did return the 2 shields to the address on the packing list.
My original attempt when starting this thread was to find out if this had happened to anyone else and it seems as if no one so far has had this experience... My emails have always been answered promptly from Matt and my experience was good. I have a shield that I like and 2 that I don't want.
AS for your suggestion I will decline and stick with what I have used from the beginning... email. And I will wait till the first of the month to see if I get any pre-paid labels.
If there is anyone out there that did return a shield to the PO box and it came back please step up!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah there is something going on there. I have been talking through email to Matt for months about the new Road Glide shield that they have been working on. Emailed last week to check the status and Allister replied and acted like he did not know what I was talking about....

Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

quality plastics looks to be the production company.
most off site production also drop ship. it saves bucks in shipping from production to the base and out to the customer. they may have a quality control deal with the production company.

--- i edited out the part where i said call them, as you addressed the fact that you don't want to do that. ---

Last edited by NYBagger92; 05-20-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply: X-stream came back in the mail