Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 111 Problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander 111 Problem ??

after doing research on the power commander i finally pulled the trigger and ordered one form fuel moto..last night i hooked it up as per directions did everything but set throttle position..bike ran for 30 seconds and cut off...flooded the hell out of it, raw fuel dripping out of exhaust....just my luck..unplugged everything and hooked it back to stock and still it will not crank..checked fuses and pulled the plugs, they have a stong smell of gas on them. This morning i went out and tried to crank and still it just turns and wont fire..am going to buy new plugs today and try that..called Keth at fuel moto yesterday he said he has never heard of anything like that happening. i sure hope i haven't fried the ecm,well i guess after i get the bike running i will hook the PC up to the computer and see if they can tell me what the problem is..kind of gun shy now and dont know if i should do a PC. Has anyone had this problem and any ideas of what else to check....thanks

Old 05-14-2010, 07:37 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

haven't had a problem with any of my PC's. I'm sure Jamie will figure it out quickly. Give him a call when he opens up this a.m.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 AM
NCtaxguy
Intermediate
Default Bad fuel mileage

Installed a Fuel Moto PC III on my father-in-laws '07 Ultra 2 weeks ago and he's lost 1/2 his fuel mileage. We rode maybe 40-50 miles yesterday and he burned through 1/2 tank of fuel. Can the fuel be adjusted on the PC III? Haven't delved into it yet.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

you might check your oil for contamination prior to starting. probably not necessary, but give it a look

Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
gwcrim
Tourer

Originally Posted by NCtaxguy
Can the fuel be adjusted on the PC III?
That's what it's for!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I would see if I had gas in my oil. You might have flooded the jugs.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gwcrim
That's what it's for!
All I could think was wow, just wow. Throwing parts in a bike without understanding what they do is just crazy...wow. I put new tires on my bike but didn't put any air in them, gosh I just don't understand why it doesn't ride the way it used to.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had the problems described - what map did you install? What adjustments did you make? Mine was pretty much plug and play - I did have to select the map for the mods made.

"Can the fuel be adjusted on the PC III?" WOW! Doesn't the name imply that - DYNOJET POWER COMMANDER 3 USB MOTORCYCLE FI CONTROLLER?

* The Dynojet Power Commander 3 with USB provides precise information for fine-tuning a fuel-injected motorcycle when changing an air filter, installing a new exhaust system or doing additional engine performance modifications. This is the premiere tuning solution for modern sportbikes with fuel injection. Drag racing, road racing and street riders all use the PC3 to refine and and improve the performance of their modern sportbikes.
* Direct injector control technology from Dynojet manages the fuel curve on models that do not have the sensors to monitor fuel adjustment.
* The Power Commander 3 USB (Universal Serial Bus) port provides an instant, problem-free way to connect your Power Commander to a computer.
* USB special cable and 9V battery power adapter are included.

Oh well.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The PCIII and PCV are both plug-and-play, with only one added task of checking the throttle position. I would check your ECU connectors and make sure none of the pins has been bent. This can happen if you're not careful when pulling them apart and re-connecting them.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

it was supposed to be a simple plug and play.. told them what my bike had on it pipes/ac.. dont know what happened.Keith says that i may have got a bad one 1 out of 1000...(whish i had that luck with the lotto) he said it probably hung the injector open and flooded the engine..it sounded like it wanted to crank this AM, he said new plugs will fix the problem i sure hope so...i will check the oil..thanks for that heads up....so much for this being simple

Quick Reply: Power Commander 111 Problem ??