Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 111 Problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:well got home from work on Friday and replaced plugs still no start motor turns but will not fire...took plugs out and they have spark.. .checked fuses again still nothing..finally opened throttle haveway and it cranked wont idle and left side has raw fuel coming out of exhaust pulled the plugs again and the front cylinder plug was a little wet and the rear was dry but thats the cylinder alll the raw fuel is coming from, i quess i will load it up on trailer and take it in next week..this is really aggravating..the bike was running perfect before i tried the PC 111, talked to Keith again at fuel moto and he wants to send another unit to try, but i think i will get a refund and use that 250 to get bike fixed,i just hope its not something major

Old 05-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

i've had about 5 different bikes with power commander units on them! I've also spent a decent amount of time chewing the fat online about them over the last 5 years. I've tinkered with them a fair amount.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Did you disconnect the o2 sensors? Did you make sure to tell fuel moto that you bike's ecu isn't "stock"? you have a stage one, I assume, so you must have an HD stage one map on the ecu.

A PC can not fry, bake or otherwise negatively affect the ecu unless there is something catastrophically wrong in the PC's wiring. It's designed to allow the electrical pulses to go only one way. It is designed not to let current to go twards the ecu at all.

what other motor work have you had done to your bike? valves, bigbore or cams?

THE only thing that I can think of is that you where provided with a map from, let's say, a 110 and used it on maybe an 88. The only other option is that, like FM suggested, one of the cyl's injectors where stuck open.

I'll be watching this thread to see how you make out.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

went out and cranked bike, had to hold trottle wide open for it to fire...ran it for a minute had to keep on the throttle for it to run..LOT of raw gas...i had hoped maybe it would clear itself out but it still wont idle, kind of afraid to let it run like that i dont want to make things worse....i thought the same thing maybe they sent one for a 88 i told them what i had 04 SEEG with the 103, Rinehart true duals etc, i argree this is really strange Keith said he has had a very few problems with them, but he had a couple that hold the injector's wide open and dump fuel.....

Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

do you have the "reset" feature on your 04? on my 08' when you turn the ignition *** 3-4 times resets the ecu. if you do, try it.

check all connectors and possibly disconnect the negative on the battery for a bit. but try the "reset" first.

change the plugs again as well. make sure that they are gaped properly.

beyond that, there HAS to be someone that will come along and give you further advise.

change the plugs again as well. make sure that they are gaped properly.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Javawave
Tourer

sorry to hear that happened. I put a PC V on my bikes just yesterday and it worked fine. Easy install and supplied map seems to be the correct one. bike runs very well.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

unhooked battery last night.. i am going to check plugs again, also will check into the throttle reset, also bike has no o2 sensors...thaks for your input

Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

checked plugs again, front fouls up quick..i dont think the rear cylinder is firing its cold to the touch and the front cylinder is hot and all the raw fuel is coming from rear????????????

Old 05-15-2010, 08:22 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Let Kieth send you a new unit. Reset the ECM.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 AM
arkeglide
Advanced

I had a PCIII take a dump on me once. I had an 01 and I was on a trip when it died, would not restart without at least half throttle and back fired all the time. It fouled a front plug. I was at a bike rally and I was able to talk to the guy at the dyno tent. He said I might have a bad PCIII, so I took it off and everything ran fine. On the ride home that night I noticed that the altenator was only charging 12 volts and at idle it went to less then 11 volts. I got an exchange on the PCIII and changed the stator and regulator and all was good. So I think it would not hurt to make sure that your charging system is working right. Also, a PCIII needs a clear and clean signal from the crank sensor to work right. Remove your crank sensor and make sure it does not have any damage on it. I was told that a bike will run fine with a weak crank signal, but if you add a PC it has to have a near perfect crank signal.
Good Luck.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

i must have an ejector hung open and dumping fuel.. does anyone know how do you reset it?? also now have gas in the oil

Last edited by Kowalski; 05-15-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Commander 111 Problem ??