Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went for oil came back with a Fat Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Went for oil came back with a Fat Cat

I've always been an impulse buyer. I went to a different Harley dealer than I usually do today. The old shop fired the General Manager who was a friend of mine. I only needed two quarts of oil for my primary, so I went to a different shop a little further from home. When I went to the Parts Dept. they had a black D&D Fat Cat hanging on the wall. I looked at it and saw it would fit my '07 Streetglide. A parts guy came over and asked me if I wanted it gift wrapped. I asked how much. He said $725, but he noticed my club's sweatshirt, and said I like your shirt, I'll knock off a hundred, want it giftwrapped? I said "yeah." So now I have a black Fat Cat. I stopped at the best tuner in this area and made an appointment for a tune on the way home. I can't get in until the 25th. I'll install it next week and ride my other bike until it's tuned. My 103 was making 97ft. lbs. of torque at 2800 r.p.m.s with these V&H I have on it, so I'll see what all the shouting is about with the Cat. I want low end with a 103 and six speed and that seems to be what Cats do best.

Oh yeah I got the oil for the primary, but I won't say what kind and start an oil debate.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm jealous!! Looking forward to your update.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I stuck my FatCat on, I gain an extra 10hp and 10tq.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Killer price on that. I just put one on my ride today. I tried to exercise restraint and was going to put it on tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait. Even without a proper tune yet, it is a torque monster. Congrats and enjoy!

Drew

Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Killer price on that. I just put one on my ride today. I tried to exercise restraint and was going to put it on tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait. Even without a proper tune yet, it is a torque monster. Congrats and enjoy!

Drew
My Streetglide is all blacked out so the deal on the black one was something I couldn't pass up, especially at that price. I was actually leaning more toward a Supertrapp, but again, too good a deal on the Fat Cat to pass up. I was going to install it last night, but I have a chick from Wyoming coming down today, and I really don't want to ride the bike much without the proper tune. I have my hot rod Fat Boy, but the seat isn't much for passengers. The 'glide looks and runs fine with the V&H pipes I have on it. Got an appointment with the dyno on the 25th. Hope it is as torquey as everyone says.

Attached Thumbnails Went for oil came back with a Fat Cat-s5000018.jpg  
Old 05-14-2010, 08:07 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't find the fatcat to the be that much louder than the supertrapp, but it might just be that i am half deaf. That is going to look sick on your ride. Can't wiat to see it and hear how you like it.

Drew

Old 05-14-2010, 08:12 AM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fripple
When I stuck my FatCat on, I gain an extra 10hp and 10tq.
An extra 10HP/10 TQ!!!! Holy crap! Did you also have your heads done?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KaponeWKYA
An extra 10HP/10 TQ!!!! Holy crap! Did you also have your heads done?
No sir, I have a 96" with a little SE-204 cam. Before I stuck the fatcat on I had stock head pipes and bassani slip-on's with the SE-204 cam. 81hp - 99tq. Then I stuck the FatCat on and took it to a good dyno tuner and ended up with 91hp - 109tq.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like my story. I'm also an impulsive buyer. I rode my '94 GL1500SE to the nearest Harley/Honda dealer to get new fork seals and rode a new Ultra Classic home.

Last edited by shortride; 09-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Northside
I only needed two quarts of oil for my primary,

They sell FatCats at Walmarts?

Quick Reply: Went for oil came back with a Fat Cat