Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more american chopper....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 PM
grasman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more american chopper....

Was on TLC website looking for past shows that are not on anymore...Miami Ink for one, so I click on American Chopper and a short video plays stating that Thursday Night ( I'm guessing tonight) that the series is over.

Long overdue if you ask me. The first couple of years were good, after that it was nothing but bull$hit.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Bonesbike1
Cruiser

Yeaaaaaa! That was the stupidest show I'd ever seen. They would probably agree, while they laugh all the way to the bank!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 463 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by grasman
Was on TLC website looking for past shows that are not on anymore...Miami Ink for one, so I click on American Chopper and a short video plays stating that Thursday Night ( I'm guessing tonight) that the series is over.

Long overdue if you ask me. The first couple of years were good, after that it was nothing but bull$hit.
Let me the first to say that Thursday was a sad, sad day.....ok I'm over it, let's drink!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but the tuttels will be back in the fall: paul jr vs paul sr. Jr is back makin bikes and he has hired Vinny, Nubs and Mikey as his crew

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...xntDfDynaIrtbL

Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 PM
jeffc68
Tourer

Yes they got resigned.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More bikes and less bullsh**. I did enjoy the series in the beginning but the drama queens just got to me in the end and there was less about the bikes and putting them together. I would love to see a bike build/tech series on how to do things and really show you from step 1 to finish product.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hksigman
but the tuttels will be back in the fall: paul jr vs paul sr. Jr is back makin bikes and he has hired Vinny, Nubs and Mikey as his crew

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...xntDfDynaIrtbL
It won't last if people don't watch it. Hopefully they learned something from the last couple of seasons on American Chopper, when their audience was leaving in droves.

I do wish them success, though. I'd love to see a good show about custom bike building.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I'd love to see a good show about custom bike building.
Yep, something along the line of Trucks and other car building shows, with tech advice and actually showing the bike building process.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:07 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What ever happened to that "Biker Build-Off" or whatever it was called?

That was pretty cool... Two designers with a common theme or what not - Different guys all the time, plenty of "real-life drama" but actually wrapped around building the bikes (instead of the other way around with OCC).

None of the self-aggrandizing BS that made AmChop ridiculous over time --- Those guys took "nuevo riche" syndrome to new extremes.

And as a case study -- Limited to what the editors show of course, I can't put the blame on Senior.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
What ever happened to that "Biker Build-Off" or whatever it was called?
The producer (Hugh King?) tried to create drama and pit the bike builders against each other. They wouldn't cooperate, they were generally friends and respected each other.

Some of the builders made up shirts that said "F**K Hugh".

The show was entertaining by itself and didn't need any BS drama. I guess ratings fell off or the builders wouldn't participate anymore.

Quick Reply: No more american chopper....