Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modulating Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:11 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one on my C50 Suzuki and really liked it....Also had people tall me I had a short in my bulb, pull, over cause I looked officail etc... On the 08 Glide I just run all the lights and installed the HD fog lights on the bars. I run them all on all the time.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
I had a similar opinion before I bought both of my bikes. However I'm wondering where I can get these for my Ultra. If it can make others notice me and save my life I'm all for installing this on my bike. Where do you buy these ? I'll put this on in a heartbeat if it will ensure my safety.....

My .02
Nothing will "ensure" your safety, but I use one. I'd rather a driver notice me and get pissed than not see me and run me over.

Police in Texas have never given me a hard time. I just wave and ride on. Oncoming traffic sometimes flash their lights back at me though. Kinda makes me wonder if the just noticed it when we got close...otherwise I think they would understand that the flashing pattern is consistent, therefore intentional.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:35 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHTC
These so called head light modulators are illegal in a lot of States. I actually pulled over off the road after seeing this flashing headlight coming at me on a 2 lane road about a mile away. It turned out to be some jack *** with one of these headlight modulators. Pissed me off. I think there is a limit on what you should to do be seen and these modulators are way over the top in my opinion. Check your local laws. We have a lot of 2 lane highways here in Kansas and usually when you see a flashing headlight it means there is a KHP coming at you running about mach 2.

UPDATE: I just read that these modulators are legal in all 50 states and Canada and no local law can over ride this federal law. I still don't like them. Flashing headlights belong on emergency vehicles, not motorcycles.
maybe its not like this everywhere but emergency vehicles do not run flashing headlights here, they have red and blue strobes......

Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM
jmelche2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine here https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2 Tell them you belong to this forum and they will give you a discount.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My modulator is legal in all 50 states.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one on my EGC, don't use it all the time, mainly use it as I approach intersections and in heavy traffic areas.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

These so called head light modulators are illegal in a lot of States. I actually pulled over off the road after seeing this flashing headlight coming at me on a 2 lane road about a mile away. It turned out to be some jack *** with one of these headlight modulators. Pissed me off. I think there is a limit on what you should to do be seen and these modulators are way over the top in my opinion. Check your local laws. We have a lot of 2 lane highways here in Kansas and usually when you see a flashing headlight it means there is a KHP coming at you running about mach 2.

UPDATE: I just read that these modulators are legal in all 50 states and Canada and no local law can over ride this federal law. I still don't like them. Flashing headlights belong on emergency vehicles, not motorcycles.
You got pissed off cause you pulled over to the side of the road?! Quit cryin, you sound like a little girl. Apparently the modulator on the "jack asses" bike made you NOTICE him, therefore it did its job.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm sure they are a good idea, but they seem to make the rider look wide eyed and paranoid.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TMART
Ran mine half way up rt side handle bar and attached it to existing harness.The sensor is not vey big at all.
I did the same thing and you have to look hard to see it. Mine is the Kisan Pathblazer.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

This is true, and I carry a copy of the DOT regs in my saddlebag in case I get pulled over. So far in six years of travel through many states it hasn't happened, and I've only had two people pull over thinking I was a cop. I don't worry about it and know that I'm much safer using them. I've also had two people alert me that my headlight was "shorting out."

Quick Reply: Modulating Headlight Question