Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up a Garage Mate for the King!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010 | 12:36 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by racerdj
Those are PAST cars
I kinda gathered that. I used to be into exotic cars, although I never had a Lamborghini, I almost bought a Miura S back in the mid 80's. It was sitting in a Boulder showroom with a blown motor. As I hemmed and hawed over the 40K price, trying to line up a new block, the car got bought out from underneath me. It was a really beautiful car, but not to be. It went to Arizona, and I kick myself to this day for missing that opportunity. I did have a 308 Ferrari, and a couple of street racer Porches. It was easy to have cars before I had kids. Kids are way more expensive anyway.

I've made money, lost money, and am rebuilding again. It's all good.

I never lost interest in bikes over the years, but they've become my primary foces lately. They're way more fun, easier to work on, and much less expensive. Mostly, more fun.

Old 05-14-2010 | 06:02 AM
grumpus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrtas!

Old 05-14-2010 | 08:19 AM
racerdj
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by WI Bob
You do know that if you park them correctly, you can fit three bikes in the space previously held by one car!
I'll take your advise on how to park three gladly.

Old 05-14-2010 | 08:24 AM
racerdj
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I've made money, lost money, and am rebuilding again. It's all good.

I never lost interest in bikes over the years, but they've become my primary foces lately. They're way more fun, easier to work on, and much less expensive. Mostly, more fun.
Ditto. Take last night as an example for my new normal. My wife and I jumped on the King and headed out into the country for 45 minutes before sundown. We both REALLY enjoyed the ride and it just felt good. We NEVER did this in one of my exotic cars...putting too many miles, possible accident didn't want to park it anywhere. They were just 4 wheel art that I had to go to my garge to enjoy. I felt like I was going to sacrifice economically before more people lost their jobs. Things are coming back slowly and now I have learned....That a ride after work into the country in the wind is more fun and much cheaper and she really enjoys it!

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:43 AM
NavyCharles24
Cruiser
From: Longwood, Florida, Seminole County, United States of America

She finally came in and after seeing the bike in person, I decided to do the deal. I'm very fortunate to be keeping the King!
wow; that bike is POW POW! Real nice!

Old 05-14-2010 | 03:05 PM
FYRDOC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD of Indy......Is that the one on the north side of town????? If so, haven't been there in about 3 years, but one of the coolest dealers I've ever interacted with......They are afraid to put 'modified' new bikes on the floor, just to expand the imagination a bit. And they were more than willing to throw some parts on a new bike to show my buddy some ideas for his own. I'd heard casually that they weren't quite that open to those things anymore, but I hope not!!!!!

I'm usually in Indy once a year, and try to ride up to that dealer when we're there.

Old 05-14-2010 | 06:55 PM
racerdj
|
Club Member

Picked her up on my lunch hour today. I was covered up with work and couldn't take the afternoon off. My wife and I rode out to the ski lake...Coldplay, 70 degree air temp and skiied well. Life can't get better on a Harley!

Old 05-14-2010 | 08:04 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ditto. Take last night as an example for my new normal. My wife and I jumped on the King and headed out into the country for 45 minutes before sundown. We both REALLY enjoyed the ride and it just felt good. We NEVER did this in one of my exotic cars...putting too many miles, possible accident didn't want to park it anywhere. They were just 4 wheel art that I had to go to my garge to enjoy. I felt like I was going to sacrifice economically before more people lost their jobs. Things are coming back slowly and now I have learned....That a ride after work into the country in the wind is more fun and much cheaper and she really enjoys it!
I used to know this guy back in Boulder, he was a real car guy. He had this pristine and I mean better than showroom perfect 250 SWB. He vintage races it, and one day just on a whim, he asked me if I wanted to take it for a spin. Um..... sure? Lol.... great car, and he totally enjoyed it. But he also had the expertise to completely rebuild it if he ever wrecked it.

He never quite understood my fascination with motorcycles, though.

Old 05-15-2010 | 07:33 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser

looks nice the only one i have seen yet in person is a blue one im hopin to see a spiced rum

Old 05-15-2010 | 08:19 PM
roki2008
Advanced

Congrats! Real nice. You deserve it. I wish more people would follow your business model.

Quick Reply: Picked Up a Garage Mate for the King!