Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up a Garage Mate for the King!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010 | 02:25 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmac53
Must be nice...
Judging by the house, Lamborghini in the garage, and the slacks/polo shirt he wears to a HD dealership, I'd say he has the money to blow. I'd do the same, if I could. Of course, if I had that kinda money, I would be anywhere but chatting on a forum

Old 05-13-2010 | 02:30 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She is a bueat, congrats.

Old 05-13-2010 | 03:52 PM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser

Daddy

Old 05-13-2010 | 04:00 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow that bike is awesome. The only issue you have now is feeling guilty about not riding the RK!

Old 05-13-2010 | 04:10 PM
racerdj
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Judging by the house, Lamborghini in the garage, and the slacks/polo shirt he wears to a HD dealership, I'd say he has the money to blow. I'd do the same, if I could. Of course, if I had that kinda money, I would be anywhere but chatting on a forum
Those are PAST cars and were bought during the housing bubble. The cars are all gone as I had to feed a hungry business. I felt that it was more important to pay my employees than have exotics in the garage. I kept more people employed than I should have but I did. Next came the Harleys and I have had more fun with them than my past cars. When buying the RK, I was asked how many miles I thought I would ride and I said 800-1200. The business manager just shook his head. He was right and I was very wrong. To sumarize, Harleys are more fun than I could have imagined and I kept more people on the payroll in this recession. They feel good as well as their families and once I get the wind hitting my Full Face Helmit, I'm happy!

Old 05-13-2010 | 07:04 PM
chance
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very, very nice ! Congratulations...

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:09 PM
darrinfish
Cruiser

Nice bike, Hope you have great weather and a great weekend!

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:13 PM
darrinfish
Cruiser

Originally Posted by racerdj
Those are PAST cars and were bought during the housing bubble. The cars are all gone as I had to feed a hungry business. I felt that it was more important to pay my employees than have exotics in the garage. I kept more people employed than I should have but I did. Next came the Harleys and I have had more fun with them than my past cars. When buying the RK, I was asked how many miles I thought I would ride and I said 800-1200. The business manager just shook his head. He was right and I was very wrong. To sumarize, Harleys are more fun than I could have imagined and I kept more people on the payroll in this recession. They feel good as well as their families and once I get the wind hitting my Full Face Helmit, I'm happy!
Great attitude, God bless you!

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:27 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Beautiful bike! That Tequila Sunrise will always make you take a second look when you see it in the sun.

I have the same bike and paint, and know from experience. You'll not be disappointed.

Take a look at www.cvoharley.com. Some good info over there, and a little more traffic that the Screamin' Eagle section on HDF. Even so, I still spend most my time here!

Take a look at the thread on cvoharley about the seat gap in the SESG section. If yours came with the frame bumpers for the weakass stock seat, you'll not be able to add saddlebag guards. Even if you don't want to, that's not the right fix for that seat gap issue. Harley is now making new seats, available upon request/discussion with your service manager. Suppose to be much better. I know I'll be talking to my service manager as soon as this crummy weather clears up!

Congrats, and enjoy the ride!!

Old 05-13-2010 | 09:59 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Racerdj.
Nice pick.
You do know that if you park them correctly, you can fit three bikes in the space previously held by one car!

Quick Reply: Picked Up a Garage Mate for the King!