Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know where to get dyno/tuning training?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone know where to get dyno/tuning training?

I'm interested in getting dyno/tuning training and I'm having trouble finding out where I can accomplish this. I've worked for a small independent bike shop for a while and have my own shop at my home and would like to open my own Indy shop. The guy I worked for is an older guy who's ways are a little primitive. He seems to want to convert all new bikes that come into the shop to carbs because fuel injection is a little too advanced for him as he can't even turn on a computer. I've looked into going to schools like MMI and other similar schools but from what I hear the cost is not worth it and I really can't move off for two years due to reasons I won't go into right now. Does anyone know where I can take seminars on this matter or have any other ideas on how to achieve what I'm after? Thanks for any useful input.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm sure if you were to purchase a Dynojet dyno tuner they would provide the training. If i were you thats where I would start.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

I've checked into that but a new 250i dyno is $25,000. I'm not sure I want to jump in that deep since I've seen the same dyno for sale on eBay from dealerships who have closed their doors for around $7000. Thanks for your reply though as that may be my only option.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
fettnersa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent

Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
I'm interested in getting dyno/tuning training and I'm having trouble finding out where I can accomplish this. I've worked for a small independent bike shop for a while and have my own shop at my home and would like to open my own Indy shop. The guy I worked for is an older guy who's ways are a little primitive. He seems to want to convert all new bikes that come into the shop to carbs because fuel injection is a little too advanced for him as he can't even turn on a computer. I've looked into going to schools like MMI and other similar schools but from what I hear the cost is not worth it and I really can't move off for two years due to reasons I won't go into right now. Does anyone know where I can take seminars on this matter or have any other ideas on how to achieve what I'm after? Thanks for any useful input.
Call Doc(HDMD) at his Tuning center(352)404-6999.He travels all over the country teaching people dyno/tuning training

Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the reply. I did talk to a guy by the name of doc here on the forums (I think he was banned) about learning to tune but he told me I had to have dyno experience which I do not have and have my own dyno which I also do not have. I wanted to fly out to his facility and have him train me there but he said he did not train people at his facility because insurance costs to him to hold classes way extremely costly. Any other suggestions I could look into?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fettnersa
PM sent
Thanks! Pm retuned.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

Anyone else with advice on this?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Thanks for the reply. I did talk to a guy by the name of doc here on the forums (I think he was banned) about learning to tune but he told me I had to have dyno experience which I do not have and have my own dyno which I also do not have. I wanted to fly out to his facility and have him train me there but he said he did not train people at his facility because insurance costs to him to hold classes way extremely costly. Any other suggestions I could look into?
Get with someone in your area that has a machine & try to pay them to teach you.Then once you get the expierence then go to Doc!!! Call Dynojet I think they offer classes too!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM
ffd796
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are you located, Dynojet just did a class in vegas?

Quick Reply: Anyone know where to get dyno/tuning training?