Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

twin cam motors are junk

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010 | 05:04 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Hey, who ordered the waahburger and french cries. Crap happens to everybody, just not the same crap. I've been to the same war twice, my kids broke my lawn mower and one 4wheeler while I was gone, my wife just got laid off, my grandpa broke my bathroom window while he mowing the lawn, grandma nearly fell thru the ceiling gettin Christmas decorations down from the attic, should I keep going with the bad or start the good. I still have a job, kids are healthy, window can be replaced, ceiling can be fixed, wifes still happy I'm home, I got a little money in the bank, and we're going to disney land in july. Quit your blood clot crying and man up, get your tools out and go to work, make it bigger, better, and faster, and quit ruining my life. Oh and the Union didn't make you buy it. That's a little more than 2 cents but I don't whiners. That's just me.

Old 05-13-2010 | 05:33 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member

The EVO is not better than the Twin Cam nor the Twin Cam better than they EVO!

Anything mechanical can fail at any given time and for no apparent reason....it just happens.

I am the last in my riding group still riding EVO's. I am a firm believer in less stuff you have, the less stuff to go wrong. The early EVO's had their share of problems.....but the very last of them....well, they were pretty much bulletproof.

It's all about finding something you like...and that works for YOU!

I've found the my EVO years ago.....

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:25 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
Hey, who ordered the waahburger and french cries. Crap happens to everybody, just not the same crap. I've been to the same war twice, my kids broke my lawn mower and one 4wheeler while I was gone, my wife just got laid off, my grandpa broke my bathroom window while he mowing the lawn, grandma nearly fell thru the ceiling gettin Christmas decorations down from the attic, should I keep going with the bad or start the good. I still have a job, kids are healthy, window can be replaced, ceiling can be fixed, wifes still happy I'm home, I got a little money in the bank, and we're going to disney land in july. Quit your blood clot crying and man up, get your tools out and go to work, make it bigger, better, and faster, and quit ruining my life. Oh and the Union didn't make you buy it. That's a little more than 2 cents but I don't whiners. That's just me.
Lwanmower, 4wheeler and window were all probably made by union workers. And the drywall was probably hung by union carpenters so don't blame kids, grandma and grandpa. haha just funnin' ya. Thanks for your service bro.

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:34 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Pretty broad statement!The complainers way to feel better?There is nothing wrong with a TwinCam,they are a step up from an Evo,which was step up from a Shovelhead,and so on.

Old 05-13-2010 | 07:41 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

Momma got runned over by a raindeer,oh that's good!

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:03 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior

My ex-wife was a terrible wife and I am sure the union had something to do with it!!!
Makes sense to me...

Old 05-13-2010 | 08:09 AM
escherWG
Cruiser

jdot = idiot and other generic quit crying about it comments...

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:16 AM
don2010
Intermediate

i have a 02 fxdl with 117,000 mi. no problems recommended in mantaintance is to chk cam followers every 20,000 i believe this would have prevented your problem...

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:34 AM
madmikee
Tourer

My 06 Ultra had an outer cam bearing let loose at 35,000 miles. The cam tensioner shoes looked like new. $1,600.00 to repair.
the 07's had the cam bearings changed from a roller bearing to a style similiar to automotive bearings.
Since new plastics have fixed the tensioner shoes, we are now seeing more bearing failures.

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:45 AM
FThrasher
Advanced

I suggest you try a shovel head engine for as many miles . I promise after overheating,mopping up gallons of oil from, picking up parts that come flying off going down the road.And o yeah having stop every few hundred miles to tighten your chain.. I am sure you will come back happy to your twin cam :-)

Quick Reply: twin cam motors are junk