Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List your Must Haves and Don't Bring items

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Zip ties
Small tool kit
Small AA powered flashlight
Rain gear
Spare Key
Warm cloths
spare riding glasses
CASH
A small bottle of Vodka in a plastic traveler.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

is it possible to buy passes for the parks before departure and would it be beneficial? i can't remember the exact procedure. beartooth pass gave us a little snow in july/08. beautiful ride from west yellowstone to red lodge

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
cirhere2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clothes just a thought

I dont know weather the gentleman that said clothes and throw them away and buy new meant buy and wear but do not wear clothes that have not been washed

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/question470.htm

we also did several studies and found feces, germs, yeast infections, there are also some mean a$$ chemicals too in the dyes that can soak into your skin from people before you trying on clothes

Last edited by cirhere2; 05-11-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yeah, long johns for sure! Up in the mountains at that time of year it could be at or below freezing!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds simple, but some people overlook a basic rule:

Make sure you can wash all your clothes in one load. No special fabrics or colors. I bring dark socks and undies that I can wash with t-shirts and jeans.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM
happyfeet
Cruiser

My wife gave me small speakers that plug into my ipod. They are great for hanging out by the pool at night or just relaxing in the room.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Been touring for a lot of years, one reason I now pull a Bushtec trailer, I can take what I want...but
A cell phone and credit card can get out of most jams, nice if everyone does not have the same cell service carrier ( sometime no service with one).
Check and make sure you have towing/trip service, if not join HOG, AMA etc... most insurance companies offer this now.
Small first aid kit, nothing too large and throw in a Kotex..great for stopping major bleeding injuries...
Spandex or bicycling shorts, great comfort under your jeans and you can wash in hotel room at night and dry real quick.
Rain suit
Cold weather mask ( polar fleece) you may run into some nasty weather in the mountains) cold weather gloves.
Gerbings is the best accessory I have....
small tools kit, multi-tool, flashlight etc....
Tire plug kit ( I like Stop-n-Go) small air compressor ( I have a Slime)
Don't over pack on t-shirts, you're gonna buy more on the trip...
Wal-Mart in every town, if you forget something, buy it on the road.
Aleve for aches and pains
Leave your route with someone at home, call home each night so they know where you are....

Be safe, have fun...ride within your comfort zone and with todays motorcycle you should have no problems.

Hope you all have a blast and don't need anything mentioned here excet more pictures.....

Last edited by Casper; 05-11-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:26 PM
eurojeff
Advanced

How about some duct tape,mini visegrip & a ziploc bag to keep stuff dry!and always stash cash!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 93 Posts

Service the bike before you leave. Figure what your tire mileage will be by the time your return. The middle of Wyoming is no place for a flat tire. Watch the speed limit in the Park.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I carry basic tools, spark plug socket and ratchet, Allen keys, a Torx key set, screwdriver(multibit), pliers and crescent, some combo wrenches and kept in saddlebag sleeves; spare headlight, a few fuses, zip ties, smallest roll of duct tape I could find. Rain gear, spare key and fob, spare glasses, jacket and gloves. As stated you can get clothes at any small town, can get tire fixed most anywhere but I am considering getting a slime pump and plug kit. I have a cell phone but will put it in a w/s pouch for the most of the trip, do have a contact list included on the bike in case you are incapacitated. Take clothing you can let go of if necessary: old undies, old socks, jeans on their last leg so to speak, plan on shipping any purchases to home or a neighbors rather than hauling.

Quick Reply: List your Must Haves and Don't Bring items