Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any issues with Clearview?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Edgell
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it all depends when you order, I ordered mine on March 8 they said 3 weeks to ship and just got it Friday, they didnt respond to my message or email either, until I got a ups email for tracking, looks like a good product, will find out on Wednesday.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I love mine and when I ordered it online I put in a note that I had a trip planned and they got it sent out much faster than I anticipated. Quality is great and the service was top notch.

Someone mentioned that they scratch easy but I have found that not to be the case.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

I love mine. As for the customer service (i.e., the slow call back), they are a tiny shop up in the mountains just outside Denver. They have one person to deal with all the web orders and messages - John.

I went out there since they are close by. John helped me find a good blem, and put it on the bike with the plastic still on so I could try it out before I bought it. While I was out on the ride, he was back in the office fielding calls and answering e-mail questions. While I was in the office, the phone was ringing constantly.

I've heard the same "slow response" comment a few times, but after I saw how small and low tech their shop is I totally understand that a few calls get missed every now and again. Give them another call - good people, a good product, and MADE IN THE USA!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I've had Klock, CeeBailey and ClearView. Had my Clearview OVER a year, no scratches on it anymore than any other shield. I use a cleaner specially formulated for Lexan and sometimes hot water when there are lots of bug guts on it. Call and talk to John. I bought a 'blem', shipped same day, never saw what was wrong with it..Got 25% off IIRC. Very good product and excellent service IMHO

Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Aslan
Road Master

Great product and greaat people to deal with.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Aslan
Road Master

Great product and great people to deal with.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Had a Clearview medium for 2 years. Recently changed to a Windvest 14".

Will be starting a thread soon showing the differences. I took a bunch of pics and measurements.

Only issue I had with the CV was my handlebars hit it and you can clean the dash easily because it slats back so far. No big deal really. CV is much thicker than the WV. You can also look through the CV easily. Not so with the WV.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 499 Likes on 259 Posts

I guess I screwed up.... I went to the web page, selected "blems" picked my shield, paid for it on line, was here in about a week...
If not for them telling me it's a blem.... I wouldn't know
17 months, and 30 some odd thousand miles later.... still looks good.
wet shop rag when the bugs get nasty, plexus the rest of the time...

Issues???
GT+1 on my RG, mirrors hit ar full lock (which sucks at times),
hard to clean the dashboard, over the radio
pricey (but works well)
pretty trivial (to me)

Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

My 2 cents

I've bought 3 windshields from them in the last 6 yrs.

They are a great product. Well made and they do what they say they will do.

My first experience with them was horrible.
It took forever to get my shield.
If I remember right the first one took a few months
I ordered it around late April and got it in mid July.

I was happy when I got it but 1/2 the season was gone by the time I did.

After that I learned from it and dealt with the long wait times and really bad customer service (no one answered the phone, called back, e-mails yata yata yata......)

I found that after my order went through and my money was in I never heard from anyone until the shield was at my door 5 or 6 weeks later. Phones or e-mails weren't answered or returned

Again its a great product.......BUT

Here's the thing. That was fine when they were the only game in town. You didn't have a choice.

Back then I had a Road Glide and windshields were harder to come by (except HD).

But in the last few years Road Glide and even Electra Glide shields have gotten a lot more innovative, more companies are in the game and they are plentiful. Longride, Windvest, KlockWork, CC, and a few others are all producing shields with flips, recurves, waves, all kinds of stuff.

So now you have another half dozen companies selling similar or better products to choose from some for less money and a LOT less Bull poop.

So why put up with Clearviews BS? Simple, I don't.

Look around and see what others have said about Longride and Windvest I think you will find some good info.

I have two longride shields now and would put them up against any of the clearviews I have or had.

Thats just my 2 cents, good luck

Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Small shop and a superior product, I can put up with slow customer support. I run a small business and I know how hard it can be when the phones ring non stop. They always got back to me even if it took a few days. Product was delivered two weeks before it was promised. Far superior to any of the three MotorCo windshields I had on my bike.

Quick Reply: Any issues with Clearview?